native s/mime support
- I have a corporate email account setup on my maxx.
- I have my certificate from my outlook client exported correctly and imported into my maxx
- I can read and receive email and signed email, my calendar, my contacts, and my tasks
- i can not read encrypted messages "this encrypted message can't be displayed because this version of exchange server doesnt support encrypted S/MIME messages on mobile phones"
I have been googling this issue for 3 days now. Has anyone gotten this to work? if so, how? I had to go out and buy moxier mail to make everything work but it eats my battery like a fat kid in a cupcake factory. I would love to get the native client working with all of this. Any suggestions or links would be very much appreciated.
- 02-28-2013, 10:04 AM #2
Re: native s/mime support
There is no real solution that i have found for working with the native email app. a few solutions i found are:
- DJIGZO S/MIME Email Encryption
builds a server on your phone. more complicated then the above 2 solutions but it works with the native client.
- 11-12-2013, 06:59 AM #4
- 11-19-2013, 08:22 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: native s/mime support
Hi, I have got a problem with Android and Smime-Certificates, too. Using a Samsung S4 (Android 4.3), I can import my smime-certificate into the native mailapp. But when i am trying to select this certificate for signing the mail or for encryption (there are two separate fields for that in the settings-dialog - seetings->account-seetings->(account)->more settings-security_options->Email_encryption-certificate and Email_Signing-certificate freely translated from german version), the email-application just crashes and say "email angehalten" (email stopped).
Can anybody help? Seems that smime is supported by the native mailapp on Samsung S4? Has anybody experiences with using this?
Samsung support is only saying that the reason for the crash will be based in settings on the exchange-server (I am using an exchange-account). But I dont believe that because the system is crashing even if I am not connected with the server, only by selecting the certificate.
Thanks a lot for any help.
- By mloebl in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 5Last Post: 01-02-2012, 10:19 PM
- By Blitzdroid in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 10-25-2011, 02:26 PM
- By kalex1114 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
- By dvdqnoc in forum HTC HeroReplies: 1Last Post: 10-10-2009, 10:25 PM
- By hilker09 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-08-2009, 09:14 PM