Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: foxfi on jelly bean?

This is the message I get when I tried to use FoxFi on the latest update (98.72.8). It is the same message you receive when trying to use the Verizon Hotspot without a subscription. On my Razr MAXX, FoxFi does NOT work with the latest update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foxfi on jelly bean?-screenshot_2012-12-24-22-56-37.png  
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Jelly Been and FoxFi

Foxfi dev states blutooth will stil work. Can anybody confirm this?

THX

I have been fiddling with Foxfi trying to get it to work well after the update. I can get the wifi to connect well but have not been able to get the bluetooth to work. So I have found the opposite to be true.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

I'm able to pair to my Nexus 7, but it doesn't connect. I don't know if this is just an issue with me due to error, but I'm unable to verify whether or not the BT option of FoxFi works.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Merged two identical threads.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drmaf894c View Post
    I have been fiddling with Foxfi trying to get it to work well after the update. I can get the wifi to connect well but have not been able to get the bluetooth to work. So I have found the opposite to be true.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    I'm pretty sure FoxFi uses your WiFi and not BT to connect.

Chief

I have tested using bluetooth with my tabelt. I use pdanet on the tablet. It works great on ics. Are you trying do something simliar to this?
    Here are the steps 8 I used

Downloaded pdanet to tab
    Paired tablet to phone
    Started pdanet on tab
    Started foxfi on phone in blutooth mode

THX

Default Can carriers detect FoxFi on phones with JB?

This may be a bit off topic, but I'm wondering if carriers can now detect tethering with FoxFi on non-rooted phones with JB?

I've read a couple of posts from HTC One X users who upgraded to JB and shortly thereafter received a notification from AT&T that they were violating their Terms of Service and needed to upgrade to an account that included tethering.

Call me a skeptic, but part of me wonders if FoxFi's recent effort to monetize their app was a last-gasp effort to generate some revenue before the app was rendered irrelevant?
    surferj76420 likes this.

Default Re: Can carriers detect FoxFi on phones with JB?

I extended the contract one of my lines in the family plan to get a new phone (RAZR M) and use it on my line which is the only one that has unlimited data. When I got the phone I did not know FOXFI didn't work with jelly bean. I did a lot of research and could not find a way out until I found the solution: Downgrade to Ice Cream Sandiwich. PROBLEM SOLVED. The only thing is do not accept the software update to Jelly Bean because it is going to be there in your phone and at some point it is going to tell there is an upgrade for your phone. Oh! and my phone is rooted, so I do not know if phone has to be rooted to downgrade. Here is the link wher I found how to do this. I hope this help some of you.
    mrcraft2u likes this.

One website I read says that is should still work if you connect with bluetooth. Can someone confirm this??

The dev's description in playstore states foxfi will work in bluetooth mode. I am still on ics, so IDK?

According to this article FoxFi does not work with JB, does not mention if it works with bluetooth though.

FoxFi has worked since day one with Jellybean on my Samsung S3 with Verizon. In fact I seem to be getting better speeds. I can go about 50 feet away and still connects.
    Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

I just updated my Samsung Galaxy S3 unrooted (Verizon) to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and I am pleased to say that my foxfi paid version is working quite nicely with my Galaxy Tab 2 in conjunction with PDANet tablet edition. I am also able to connect my laptop. Hope this helps. I was reluctant to upgrade to JB for the very reason(s) (Foxfi) discussed in this thread. Good luck hope all works for you as well.
    Last edited by mojojeff; 12-28-2012 at 02:24 PM.

FoxFi does not work on the droid RAZR after updating to JB. I downloaded WiFi Tether for rooted devices and it works like a charm.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Fox fi did not work for me. Is there another tethering app that will work with jelly bean on a Droid Razr Maxx? My service is with Verizon.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I have JB on my s3 and WiFi works with connecting my note 10.1 to it but the Verizon hotspot icon comes up. Hopefully my bill doesn't get charged which is another story in its own. I pay for data so I should be able to use it how I want! I'm paying for data not data for a certain device! Sorry about the rant. So yes WiFi tether works but I can't figure out how to use the Bluetooth, I'm probably doing something wrong

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

WiFi Tether works great on my Verizon Maxx.

I can use BT DUN on my Verizon Razr M on JB with my Xoom on JB.

I cannot use WiFi on my Verizon Razr M on JB, however.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerRef12 View Post
    WiFi Tether works great on my Verizon Maxx.
    Are you rooted by chance? When I try to use WiFi tethering on my Verizon Razr M I get the subscription message @apquijano posted earlier in this thread.

DO NOT update to JB if you have RAZR Maxx and still want to tether using FoxFi, SVTP, etc. ~stuck in 4G
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Speaking from first hand experience, Bluetooth option in FoxFi doesn't work with JB RAZR Maxx VZW.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I am posting this using my laptop with an internet connection from my Razr M using PDANet+ on both via bluetooth connection. (It's works, just curious if it keeps dropping because it's the free version.)

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Free version only gives you 30 minutes then you have to restart I think

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast