I've got svtp (paid) as a hot spot app. It works sometime, like about 3 times today, then I try starting it and it stops by itself before initializing. I called Verizon about setting up their hotspot and they wanted $20-30 a month depending on how I wanted it. I told them no thanks, it's something that should be free.
I only use it when my satellite is down, maybe once or twice a year.
My question....if I root my maxx, can I get around Verizon's hotspot and get one that would work dependably?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
- 12-05-2012, 07:42 PM #2
- 6,840 Posts
Re: Hot spot
I can't answer your rooting question, but I can say that FoxFi has so far worked well for me. It's a popular tethering app that used to be free, but now does have a paid version (which I think is totally fine, since it's a very useful app). If you use the free app, it will allow you to use it for a certain amount of data, then will stop--you can restart it, and it will still be free, but it's just a hassle. The paid version is $7 and gets around this limitation, and in my opinion is well worth it. A small caveat--it currently is not compatible with Jellybean phones.
- 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM #3
- 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM #5
- 12-05-2012, 11:51 PM #6
- 796 Posts
- 12-06-2012, 01:40 AM #7
- By Yummy Flaquito in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 11Last Post: 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
- By 0REDSOX7 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 06-28-2010, 07:05 PM
- By justinoutlaw in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 06-25-2010, 12:04 AM
- By bdarknessb in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 51Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM
- By JustinD2473 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 35Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:06 AM