Trouble installing custom ROM

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I followed the sticky thread on how to root and install custom rom. When i got to the part of installing the zip file for arctic hd, it gave me a message that the file was not found. I thought i properly installed the zip file. Does it matter that it was installed on the internal sd storage?

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to try to ROM mine, but I know the sticky above says to put the zip file on an external sd card.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I followed the sticky thread on how to root and install custom rom. When i got to the part of installing the zip file for arctic hd, it gave me a message that the file was not found. I thought i properly installed the zip file. Does it matter that it was installed on the internal sd storage?

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

It should automatically install to your internal sd storage. I just went in and made a ROM folder and that is where I keep all my ROMs at. A lot easier and cleaner. Also are you downloading the zip using your phone browser or your PC?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I assume you are following all the steps in that thread correct? If so, you would see that it says to put it onto your external SD card. Once it is installed, it will take some time to boot up the first so just be patient :beer:

I just Flicked that message to you via my MAXXed out RAZR

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Download the file, use a file explorer app some are available in the play Store for free, create a folder called custom ROM's or whatever you prefer, make sure is created on your external sd card, and follow the instructions from there. As long as you follow all instructions exactly as I wrote to the T you will not have a problem. If you and followed all the instructions to the T and you still have problems please send me a pm

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried again and had no luck.

Quick question: does the zip of the ROM have to loaded on to the external SD card? I assume so since the installation instructions say "install zip..."