Handcent SMS

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I would be asking yourself why are you having the problem to begin with. Are you rooted? Are you running a custom ROM? If so which 1? If not maybe it is time for an FDR

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Handcent did an update and messed things up for everyone. That was the app I was using at the time. I've been using go sms...haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use handcent after the updates and I don't have any issues with it working. Could be network, Verizon has had issues with text messages going thru on android, iPhone or regular phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Was using Handcent for years.
My phone lately slowly went into a crawl.
Started removing apps to see what the app was that was causing it and arrived at the Handcent one. I miss it.
Tried GO sms a few years back before Handcent. May try it again.

Scott_L#AC

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Handcent on a rooted DROID RAZR MAXX flashed with Flick 5. I haven't had any problems with it. I used GO SMS (and Launcher) for a long time, but after noting app sizes I dumped all Go apps. GO apps work fine as well and I know there is a lot of space for apps on these phones, but I like to trim fat where I can. Handcent does everything I used in GO SMS at less than half the storage footprint (3.07M vs 6.32M). I found I had to load the stock messaging app to download MMS from my iPhone using pals when using GO, but Handcent has downloaded everything as it should.

Both are great choices IMO and most apps burp on occasion. I find clearing cache, davlik, and a reboot fix most issues. Uninstall and reinstalling the app from the Play store fixes most other problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2