Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Specific notifications for different contacts texts...possible or not?

Is there an app out there that will allow me to assign a specific notification tone to the different contacts I have? I would appreciate any input on this. I am not the most tech savvy...my smart phone is definitely smarter than I am!!
    Thanks!
    Laura

Default Re: Specific notifications for different contacts texts...possible or not?

I use Light Flow Lite from the Play store.

Default Re: Specific notifications for different contacts texts...possible or not?

You should just be able to edit each contact and assign a different tone to each contact that way. For example, go to person A and select edit, then apply whatever tone you wish from there. There's actually a selection you can make from each person's listing in the people app. Press menu, then press "set ringtone" when viewing a contact.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

For text tones you either need a third party message app like handcent or Ringo Pro which allows way more customization. Text tone length, vibration pattern, led control if possible and more

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Go SMS u can do just about anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums