Android OS on Maxx

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
is there something different about the os on the maxx that makes it run more than on other phones? i've had the htc incredible and galaxy nexus and never had the android os take as much of the battery than on the maxx. it is always second on the battery meter and it's always hovering around 20%. on the other phones i've used it was always less than 10%. usually around 5%.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Start by saying the Maxx is from Motorola, and runs some type of MotoBlur. It's not Sense from HTC or stock andoid ROM. Personally, I really don't care what the battery usage says since I can come home most every day and see that I have 60-70% battery life every night I plug it back in before I go to sleep.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that the battery stats are reported in percent, not absolute use. Just because a process has a higher percent battery usage than on another phone doesn't mean it's using absolutely more battery. The other phones might have other processes using battery that the Maxx doesn't have, which would decrease the relative percent usage by the system on those phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Remember that the battery stats are reported in percent, not absolute use. Just because a process has a higher percent battery usage than on another phone doesn't mean it's using absolutely more battery. The other phones might have other processes using battery that the Maxx doesn't have, which would decrease the relative percent usage by the system on those phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This is good information for any new Android user to recite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
That actually makes it worse cause the percentage on a maxx is greater than the percentage on the nexus so the actual amount is so much greater. It has consistently been 2nd in battery usage after screen. Never seen that on any of my previous phones. Could this also be the reason for memory leaks where the total ram from running and cached apps do not add up to the used ram indicated?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That actually makes it worse cause the percentage on a maxx is greater than the percentage on the nexus so the actual amount is so much greater. It has consistently been 2nd in battery usage after screen. Never seen that on any of my previous phones. Could this also be the reason for memory leaks where the total ram from running and cached apps do not add up to the used ram indicated?

those figures are more of a guide rather than an accurate report. if you want more accurate reporting id recommend a system monitoring app.