Unknown Lag

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i've only had my maxx for 4 days and ever since last night i encountered a weird lag that made it unusable until it was restarted. from the time i pressed the screen-on button to the time it actually came on took about 2 mins. from the time i swiped to unlock to actually unlocking took more than 3 minutes. once it was on, switching from each panel of home screens took about 2 minutes. from the moment i noticed it i was trying to shut down my phone normally by long press on the on button and the whole process took about 10 minutes from long press, to the prompt, to the click being recognized and finally shutting down. i wasn't doing anything on the phone, just wanted to see what time it was. well this happened again today, while i was playing music this time. it just started skipping like a record player would loop the same thing over and over and over again. i had to do the force shut down but when it came back up it was still the same so i had to do it again. it was fine the second time around. music played fine then. anyone have any idea what's going on? thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone brand new or used? If you just got it from a Verizon store, take it back and ask for an exchange.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's some rogue app. Any way you could post a list of your apps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
well it happened again tonight. around same time as last night, 10ish and doing the same thing, playing music. maybe it can't play music on sd card too well? it's a 32gb hc class 10 uhs-1 so i figured it should be ok. however, i decided to just do a factory reset to see if it's something about the apps. i'll post a list of apps if this doesn't fix it. i don't have anything in it though that i didn't have on my galaxy nexus and never had that problem there.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
there may be a read/write issue on your sd card. it could be a rouge app eating cpu/memory. could be a handful of things. i don't like to push paid apps, but System Panel would be very useful in helping to diagnose what may be happening here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37