2.3.5 or 4.0, new to maxx

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the maxx. Just wondering about everyone's opinion. Should I upgrade to ICS. I'm hearing horror stories about the ics upgrade.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Horror stories? Not sure about that. I've been using mine since the upgrade came out and it works just great.

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk 2.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
The only "horror" I've experienced had been slightly worse battery life. Even with that, the upgrade has been well worth it.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the only horror story so far has been slightly less battery life. However, I can still go a full 8 hour shift while listening to Pandora and I still have juice left over to finish off the day. There are some days that I do wish I still had GB, but those are few and far between.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This is why I posted here. Wanted to know from the ones with experience. I'm coming from a rezound so o know horrible battery....lol

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbread was a solid build that had many updates to get to that point. ICS on this phone is not as solid, but you should have no problems doing what you want to do with it. hopefully in the coming months we will be getting updates to ICS/JB to make it as robust as gingerbread was.