Dropped calls, lost connections, sometimes affecting calls, sometimes other connections

outermagnolia

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I was loving my Razr M until it suddenly stopped working very well. I am now regularly getting dropped calls, or "no connection available", and I now can't send photos from my phone via FB, text, or email. The only thing new on my end is that it was subsequent to me installing several new apps - all just fun ones (e.g. Daily Show and some radio channels) or ones to find public transportation. I don't know that there's any connection with the apps, but it's quite a coincidence. The soft reboot seems to temporarily fix the problem, but sometimes it's to fix a photo sharing issue and sometimes it's to fix the calls. That is, sometimes I can call but I can't send photos, or vice versa. Does this make any sense? Is it worth getting a new phone or is this a problem with Jellybean? I don't think I should not be able to install apps! I'm getting really frustrated with this new situation. Thanks for any help. :'(

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
not all apps are created equal! some apps have not been optimized for jelly bean, and some apps are just down right malicious. id start by removing the apps you recently installed. after each app you remove, reboot your phone and see if the problem persists. if it does, remove another app. do this until you have removed all apps you have downloaded, or until the problem stops. aggravating i know.

outermagnolia

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I will try that. I hadn't considered that apps may need to be optimized for jelly bean. Is there anywhere to research if an app has been optimized or is the best advice just install apps one at a time and see if it impacts operations? It will take me awhile to test out each app after I uninstall, but I'll report back when I'm finished. Thx for your quick response!
Jaime

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using your phone in the same locations as you normally do, or have the connection problems occurred while using it in a novel location? Just want to rule out the possibility of bad signal. Can you compare your connectivity with someone else's phone on the same provider network side by side?

Also, SIM cards can get glitchy, so if bradenfontaine's suggestion doesn't help, you might want to bring it in to a Verizon store and ask them if they can test out the SIM card or replace it.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if Jelly Bean has the option of having your network on Global, or just the normal LTE/CDMA, but check to make sure it is set to LTE/CDMA in your Mobile Network settings. But, of course, try the above 2 also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7