Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: December 24 Update?

Wish me luck, in the process of installing now....

Quote Originally Posted by chucklw View Post
    no update yet.
    spoke with Verizon - no info on updates.
    looked at Motorola forum - nothing there.

hope it is better than ICS - it really screwed up things.
    It is... IMHO anyway! Love it so far...
    Regards,

Jim D.

So far, so good!

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Quote Originally Posted by MRHIGHSPEED View Post
    Tried this today. No joy. At "Verifying current system . . . " I get:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper", "f39fcb2d78b9e92e9fbedc6a62a047dc23459416", "4a63fec78956def045b442910a754fa640db8f5a")
    E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Too bad I have no idea what any of that means. Anyone?.
    Just in case anyone else is running into this, I believe I've learned what the problem is. I've always equated establishing root with installing custom recovery. It would appear that is not the case.

I guess you really do learn something new every day.

So, when they say to completely reset it, then root it, it DOES NOT mean installing SafeStrap when updating SU binaries and ensuring VooDoo OTA is set. I'll hopefully get to give this a try tomorrow when I'm not at work.
    "If you make me open this . . . . I'm gonna use the whoooooole can."

Been on JB for several days now. Night and difference in smoothness and speed. I'm very happy! My WiFi does seem a little weaker but it's a non issue. I do miss the native sticky notes and weather app. Every thing else is damn solid. An update to web top would have been icing on the cake.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Quote Originally Posted by MRHIGHSPEED View Post
    Just in case anyone else is running into this, I believe I've learned what the problem is. I've always equated establishing root with installing custom recovery. It would appear that is not the case.

I guess you really do learn something new every day.

So, when they say to completely reset it, then root it, it DOES NOT mean installing SafeStrap when updating SU binaries and ensuring VooDoo OTA is set. I'll hopefully get to give this a try tomorrow when I'm not at work.
    Came home this morning and DID IT!!! And so far, it's awesome!

Am I imagining this, or has anyone else found it actually gets better, more stable, and smoother with time? Is there a learning curve to it?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Tried to sideload it and Im getting "E: signature verification failed" error
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by mooch91 View Post
    No WiFi for you either?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Wifi works, but it is slower and has a worse connection than 4g. Was never like that on ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Mine was similar yesterday morning, when I first did it. I rebooted my router, just in case. It seems like it actually gets better with time.

I finally got the courage to put the update on my phone. I have to say so far I'm liking jelly bean. Haven't had it that long though....don't wanna jinx it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mfdroiduser View Post
    It was showing up to update every 12 hrs, it automatically downloaded so I installed this morning. Took about 15 minutes. Reboot and done . S far no issues. One thing missing is the weather widgets for the screen but will find an alternative. Gallery changed a bit, lost all my custom albums but all pics and videos still there but haven't figured out if How to create new album, also it duplicated pics, not a biggie though
    How did you fix the duplication problem? FDR or you had to delete yourself?

I did the side-load of JB this weekend. Most things seem to be working well, but I do have a few issues. I also updated the launcher to the M launcher, and added the circle widget. Here's my list of issues:
    1. No more speed dials. Hopefully they put these back, I've been using them since my first cell phone.
    2. I get the force close on Homescreen when I use the quick settings and hit the gps toggle. I know this was an issue for some with the M launcher before, but I never had this issue.
    3. The battery level in the circle widget still only shows in increments of 10%. Is there a way to get this to 1%? I know it works correctly on the Razr Maxx HD.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieTheOneManParty View Post
    I did the side-load of JB this weekend. Most things seem to be working well, but I do have a few issues. I also updated the launcher to the M launcher, and added the circle widget. Here's my list of issues:
    1. No more speed dials. Hopefully they put these back, I've been using them since my first cell phone.
    2. I get the force close on Homescreen when I use the quick settings and hit the gps toggle. I know this was an issue for some with the M launcher before, but I never had this issue.
    3. The battery level in the circle widget still only shows in increments of 10%. Is there a way to get this to 1%? I know it works correctly on the Razr Maxx HD.
    You don't have duplicates?

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl0419 View Post
    You don't have duplicates?
    Duplicates as far as what? The only thing I noticed is a duplicate on the favorites widget, which caused me some grief, but ultimately I got working.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieTheOneManParty View Post
    Duplicates as far as what? The only thing I noticed is a duplicate on the favorites widget, which caused me some grief, but ultimately I got working.
    Pictures and music? But I figured it out. I just cleared cache and reinserted the sdcard. Evertyhing is fine now.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregba View Post
    Issues I have seen thus far:

**random reboots- although I havent had any in a few days, the 24th and 25th I had 3 each day, none since
    oh good. i thought it was just my nexus. when my nexus got updated to jelly bean i would get reboots when i click the screen on button a little too much. it happens almost everytime when i check time, i would turn the screen on and off and when i try to turn it back on, it won't then a few minutes later it would show that it's rebooting. hoped that it was only for the nexus or that they would have fixed that. it was what annoyed me most because it meant my phone would be restarting several times a week or sometimes several times a day.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

I didn't get the update. Is there a way to upgrade manually?( non root)
    To live and die in L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly818 View Post
    I didn't get the update. Is there a way to upgrade manually?( non root)
    Post # 80 of this thread covers it:

4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....
    Regards,

Jim D.
    Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

highly recommend rooting and keeping your root through the process as we still don't know what may need to be done after we apply this update. there may be unforeseen problems down the road that only root may be able to cure. don't be scared of root, it is a good thing
    Just some hobo with a phone

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only JB "side-effect" that is bugging me is that after a phone call, my screen doesn't always wake up, so I can't end the call until I get the screen woken up manually. So far it's not a deal breaker, and I'm sure it'll be fixed with the "official" release.
    Flipper and bradenfontaine like this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Same here. Bit there are already custom ROMs out so I'm running it and not the leak. Seems better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

When will it be my turn......
    To live and die in L.A.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly818 View Post
    When will it be my turn......

... well now that they have cracked root for it.... go for it...

Back to a Razr Maxx with ICS. I side loaded Jellybean for about 3 weeks, but the start of that 3rd week the phone was incredibly slow and unusuable. Luckily, I was having issues with my screen that whenever it got cold (i figured 60 degrees or less) for a period of more than 10 min, half the screen would get blacked out. Once it warms up it is fine again. I took it into VZW after sitting out in cold Milwaukee weather for a bit, they saw how messed up the screen was and ordered me a new one.

JB was fantastic when it was smooth, but I can wait for the official release - whenever that will be.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Running Triplecore's Jelly Bean ROM for a while now. smooth, fast, consistent. no complaints.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast