Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: December 24 Update?

Just wondering which regions you're all posting from? Nothing here in California yet.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharondippity View Post
    Just wondering which regions you're all posting from? Nothing here in California yet.
    Nj for me. Came yesterday afternoon. I was one of the last to get ics.

i have the duplicate picture folders as well and dont wanna delete one because sure as crap it will delete it for good

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

The WiFi issues are slightly annoying now. I'm on my second router where the phone won't connect. I'm 1 for 3 on WiFi connections now.

I have older net gear router and I have no WiFi issues at all. I only had the photo issue where it made doubles of all pics. Otherwise JB is really smooth I like it.;

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

No update here in Texas on mine or my wifes MAXX.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamax View Post
    I have older net gear router and I have no WiFi issues at all. I only had the photo issue where it made doubles of all pics. Otherwise JB is really smooth I like it.;
    Went from downloading the update on my router to no connection on the same router inmediately after the update.

Weird. I dowoaded it on my router and it works fine. I did wipe cache after install not sure if u need too but I did.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

I lose WiFi easier now. Before the update I could go to the other side of the house now with the update it might drop off but not every time. Everything else is great about it so far. But after having the thunderbolt an old Nokia flip phone was an improvement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm on my second router two different brands and no problems on either network. Did notice less signal strength though for sitting right next to it

Only issue I've seen is my phone rebooted on its own twice.

lol. me neither. My phone had the notification to download the update around 5:00PM Dec, 24. I had to get to Wifi so when i got home around 1:00AM i connected to Wifi, and the update disappeared. Hopefully it wont be too long before Verizon continues to roll out the update. DROID RAZR MAXX ICS 4.0.4

Why wait? Download it online and Install

But do it with caution. Remember that this was almost certainly a mistaken release, and there's been no indication that Moto or Verizon are anywhere near a final build. So if it messes up your phone and you have difficulty flashing back to ICS, don't be surprised!
    Sharondippity likes this.

Got my update yesterday. What a nice surprise! I had been watching for it for the last month or so.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKPJBM1 | JameBond 3.4.6

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    But do it with caution. Remember that this was almost certainly a mistaken release, and there's been no indication that Moto or Verizon are anywhere near a final build. So if it messes up your phone and you have difficulty flashing back to ICS, don't be surprised!
    Considering some people were able to download and update from Verizon, they will have to be able to create a way back if this ends up being a problem release. Just because people can self install, those who didn't and updated shouldn't be SOL

Looks like this was a mistake and the build was pulled from the distribution servers.

If you side loaded from a direct DL and are having problems it is yet to be seen if you will be able to accept the final OTA release without rooting and installing the current official build and if so, when that will happen. Verizon is keeping a list of devices that were offered and successfully processed the mistaken release so that can offer support to those devices and, at some point in the future patch them to the final build. Any other devices that took the build will be treated as 'unsupported firmware' devices meaning it will be a crap shoot if they will even speak to you.

Best to just hang tight and wait for this to be sorted out.

Well just got down updating my MAXX and man I am loving this new update! Soo smooth and nice.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I'm one (NJ) that side-loaded it with the direct download and am experiencing no problems. Excellent connections all the way around; buttery smooth too.

Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

It's going to be really interesting to see how Verizon and Motorola handle this whole situation. It's pretty clear that this update was mistakenly released to the public, so how are they going to deal with the hundreds if not thousands who managed to download and install the update before it got pulled, in addition to the many more who are likely sideloading it? I don't see how this could have been a soak test that was mistakenly released to the public either, because usually there's an email sent to soak testers before the update is sent out to those select few, and that email invariably gets leaked to Android news blogs.

Although many people are reporting smooth sailing with the update, it's still a little early, and some people are starting to report problems (I've seen mention of wifi connectivity issues). I wonder if VZW or Moto will provide an official way to flash back to ICS for those who are willing, and if it will only be available for those who updated OTA (rather than sideloaded). On the other hand, since the cat is essentially out of the bag, maybe VZW/Moto will use this as essentially a soak test, monitoring forums like this one. If they don't see too many problems, perhaps they'll make this release official and send it out to everyone earlier than they had originally planned.

Hopefully, we'll start hearing from the big shots tomorrow.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeppes View Post
    Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    They replaced the weather app with google now card for weather.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    It's going to be really interesting to see how Verizon and Motorola handle this whole situation. It's pretty clear that this update was mistakenly released to the public, so how are they going to deal with the hundreds if not thousands who managed to download and install the update before it got pulled, in addition to the many more who are likely sideloading it? I don't see how this could have been a soak test that was mistakenly released to the public either, because usually there's an email sent to soak testers before the update is sent out to those select few, and that email invariably gets leaked to Android news blogs.

Although many people are reporting smooth sailing with the update, it's still a little early, and some people are starting to report problems (I've seen mention of wifi connectivity issues). I wonder if VZW or Moto will provide an official way to flash back to ICS for those who are willing, and if it will only be available for those who updated OTA (rather than sideloaded). On the other hand, since the cat is essentially out of the bag, maybe VZW/Moto will use this as essentially a soak test, monitoring forums like this one. If they don't see too many problems, perhaps they'll make this release official and send it out to everyone earlier than they had originally planned.

Hopefully, we'll start hearing from the big shots tomorrow.
    Well lets hope that VZW did this one purpose and that they do monitor all the main forums for people complaining about what is wrong with the update. As far as WIFI goes I do not use it much on my phone as I do on my tablet so I would not know. Since I do not use WIFI it is running smooth for me. Most people had that problem from day one of downloading.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

NJ. On Christmas eve both my MAXXs showed an available update briefly, then when I clicked OK they went away and never came back. Now when I check for updates they tell me they are both up to date but they are still on 4.0.4. Tried clearing cache on Google Services Framework, but still nothing. Patience...I guess...
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Just remember those who side load this, there is no going back to 4.0.4 so make sure you root and then protect your root when sideloading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast