Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 280
Like Tree71Likes
  1. #151  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by ebarr727 View Post
    NJ. On Christmas eve both my MAXXs showed an available update briefly, then when I clicked OK they went away and never came back. Now when I check for updates they tell me they are both up to date but they are still on 4.0.4. Tried clearing cache on Google Services Framework, but still nothing. Patience...I guess...
    Yeah man supposedly it was a "mistake" but for me I believe it was a test. They wanted to see how the update reacts to the phones so that they can get the bugs worked out for the official release.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  2. #152  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Just remember those who side load this, there is no going back to 4.0.4 so make sure you root and then protect your root when sideloading.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    TRUST what this man says - I side loaded it last night before Braden's warning! What I see is what I got!!! Tried to run "Titanium Backup" to restore my Apps, etc. - it says "Sorry, you don't have Root privaleges". Tried to Root using "Droid Razr Utlity" - doesn't work on this JB - get "Access Denied" and similar errors when trying to Root. As I said "What I see is what I got!" The good news is, it seems to be working very smoothly... (as he crosses his fingers)
    Regards,

    Jim D.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  3. #153  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by mooch91 View Post
    Don't know how to access the music player. In ICS we had "My Music" - can't find the app in JB.
    Mooch, it's a Google App now... "Play Music" with a set of headphones as an Icon. Brings up my music list and works just like "My Music" did, as far as can see.
    Regards,

    Jim D.
    Thanked by:
    Sharondippity likes this.
  4. #154  
    jeffrok's Avatar

    Posts
    479 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Side-loaded the update last night.. At first it ran like crap, but now all is well. I also did a cache partition format after the update. Widgets initially took a long time to load, but once loaded, had no problems.

    Honestly, Project Butter has only made a small improvement on the scrolling/overall smoothness. Haven't really played with Google Search/Now yet. To me it's a minor upgrade from ICS.
  5. #155  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
    jeffrok likes this.
  6. #156  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    Yeah man supposedly it was a "mistake" but for me I believe it was a test. They wanted to see how the update reacts to the phones so that they can get the bugs worked out for the official release.
    That's what soak testing is for. This was blatantly a mistake.
  7. #157  
    MA2GA28's Avatar
    Deluxe Member

    Posts
    422 Posts

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Add another issue. Bluetooth connectivity gets interrupted when accessing certain apps, but especially Gmail and Facebook.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

    Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  8. #158  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Add another issue. Bluetooth connectivity gets interrupted when accessing certain apps, but especially Gmail and Facebook.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Keep in mind not all apps are optimized for JB yet

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  9. #159  

    Default Re: December 24 Update?

    I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said error I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

    What to do? 

    Feelsbadman.
    To live and die in L.A.
  10. #160  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: December 24 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly818 View Post
    I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said error I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

    What to do? 

    Feelsbadman.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by 3:
  11. #161  

    Default Re: December 24 Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    LOL! after posting I did I guess I should wait.
    To live and die in L.A.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  12. #162  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Well Verizon gave us a glimpse of hope on Christmas that they do plan to get us Jelly Bean soon, that's at least better than the vague answers we have been given from Motorola in the past
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  13. #163  
    jeffrok's Avatar

    Posts
    479 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.
    I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..
    Thanked by:
    jeverts and bradenfontaine like this.
  14. #164  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..
    gotta have a disclaimer anytime we supply a way to do something. CYA buddy.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    jimd1050 likes this.
  15. #165  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    It keeps calling me man, it keeps calling me...
  16. #166  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    I can confirm that jellybean brings awesomeness

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  17. #167  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:
  18. #168  
    jeverts's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianSun View Post
    So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    MeridianSun, that was exactly where I was at, this update had made me love this device again...


    JE
    Thanked by:
  19. #169  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    That's what soak testing is for. This was blatantly a mistake.
    The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  20. #170  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.
    Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  21. #171  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :-)

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  22. #172  
    DJJeffT's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :-)

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    That guy is my hero!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  23. #173  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Exactly! It is like that big red button under the plastic cover that says do not touch and yet it is soo intriguing that you do anyway
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:
  24. #174  
    Lp09's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    has anyone got the weather widget and notepad widget missing after the update??? I updated my Razr Maxx and those widgets are gone and my Handcent messaging is running a little slow now............. anyone with ideas??
  25. #175  

    Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :-)

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    It's been reported on multiple sites that the release occurred inadvertently during a glitch in a server upgrade which was shut down as soon as it was discovered...?

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
  2. still no JB for my Verizon Gnex
    By bruceb3 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
  3. Video player for my jb gnex.
    By sadiqsamm in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 04:10 AM
  4. Holster for my Maxx
    By mgindi26 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM
  5. Replacement #2 for my Maxx
    By jdtftp1 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions