Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Quote Originally Posted by ebarr727 View Post
    NJ. On Christmas eve both my MAXXs showed an available update briefly, then when I clicked OK they went away and never came back. Now when I check for updates they tell me they are both up to date but they are still on 4.0.4. Tried clearing cache on Google Services Framework, but still nothing. Patience...I guess...
    Yeah man supposedly it was a "mistake" but for me I believe it was a test. They wanted to see how the update reacts to the phones so that they can get the bugs worked out for the official release.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Just remember those who side load this, there is no going back to 4.0.4 so make sure you root and then protect your root when sideloading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    TRUST what this man says - I side loaded it last night before Braden's warning! What I see is what I got!!! Tried to run "Titanium Backup" to restore my Apps, etc. - it says "Sorry, you don't have Root privaleges". Tried to Root using "Droid Razr Utlity" - doesn't work on this JB - get "Access Denied" and similar errors when trying to Root. As I said "What I see is what I got!" The good news is, it seems to be working very smoothly... (as he crosses his fingers)
    Regards,

Jim D.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch91 View Post
    Don't know how to access the music player. In ICS we had "My Music" - can't find the app in JB.
    Mooch, it's a Google App now... "Play Music" with a set of headphones as an Icon. Brings up my music list and works just like "My Music" did, as far as can see.
    Regards,

Jim D.
    Thanked by:
    Sharondippity likes this.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Side-loaded the update last night.. At first it ran like crap, but now all is well. I also did a cache partition format after the update. Widgets initially took a long time to load, but once loaded, had no problems.

Honestly, Project Butter has only made a small improvement on the scrolling/overall smoothness. Haven't really played with Google Search/Now yet. To me it's a minor upgrade from ICS.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
    jeffrok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    Yeah man supposedly it was a "mistake" but for me I believe it was a test. They wanted to see how the update reacts to the phones so that they can get the bugs worked out for the official release.
    That's what soak testing is for. This was blatantly a mistake.
    Deluxe Member

Add another issue. Bluetooth connectivity gets interrupted when accessing certain apps, but especially Gmail and Facebook.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Add another issue. Bluetooth connectivity gets interrupted when accessing certain apps, but especially Gmail and Facebook.

Keep in mind not all apps are optimized for JB yet

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

Default Re: December 24 Update?

I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said error I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

What to do? 

Feelsbadman.
    To live and die in L.A.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly818 View Post
    I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said error I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

What to do? 

Feelsbadman.

Thanked by 3:

LOL! after posting I did I guess I should wait.
    To live and die in L.A.

Well Verizon gave us a glimpse of hope on Christmas that they do plan to get us Jelly Bean soon, that's at least better than the vague answers we have been given from Motorola in the past

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.
    I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..
    Thanked by:
    jeverts and bradenfontaine like this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..
    gotta have a disclaimer anytime we supply a way to do something. CYA buddy.

jimd1050 likes this.

It keeps calling me man, it keeps calling me...

ROM
    Arctic HD

I can confirm that jellybean brings awesomeness

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianSun View Post
    So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    MeridianSun, that was exactly where I was at, this update had made me love this device again...

JE
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    That's what soak testing is for. This was blatantly a mistake.
    The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.
    Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post
    The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :-)

That guy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

Exactly! It is like that big red button under the plastic cover that says do not touch and yet it is soo intriguing that you do anyway
    Thanked by:

has anyone got the weather widget and notepad widget missing after the update??? I updated my Razr Maxx and those widgets are gone and my Handcent messaging is running a little slow now............. anyone with ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by cdmjlt369 View Post

It's been reported on multiple sites that the release occurred inadvertently during a glitch in a server upgrade which was shut down as soon as it was discovered...?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast