Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

For those who are saying that the update has totally changed their device for the better, can I ask what was wrong before? What changed to make the phone so great again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

Goin from GB to ICS really slowed my device down, it got sluggish and jerky and would randomly and frequently switch between wifi/3g/4g, in short, it turned into a pig. It is glorious now, I hear the angels singing...

JE
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

oh yea, battery life is greatly improved now too...

JE

Well seems today that I now have the email problems like when coming from gb to ics. No email will sync thru the stock email app but all my individual apps work. Try to delete accounts and not working says duplicate account. Don't remember how to it worked itself out last time. Don't really want to do a fdr

This is my take on the battery life on Jelly Bean. I don't use my phone for much other than what a phone is needed for (calls, texts, e-mails), but I decided to watch Star Trek to add to the Screen time for those that might use their phone for more media use. Here's a basic rundown of what I did:

1) Wifi on most of the time.
    2) Auto Brightness has been on
    3) 60-70 texts
    4) 20-30 e-mails
    5) Only 15-20 minutes of calls (this would normally be more, but since it's the holidays, I'm with most of the people I call)
    6) 3h 45m of Screen time.
    - About 45 minutes of web browsing (constantly checking fantasy basketball stats/news)
    - Watched Star Trek

I've loved Jelly Bean since owning a Nexus 7. The JB update for my Razr Maxx has been amazing. I was one of the lucky owners that never had a complaint about ICS and loved it very much, but JB is just much better. For me, the battery life is pretty much the same. What makes this update great is Project Butter and Google Now. Project Butter makes the phone transition much more smoothly and the convenience of having Google Now on my phone is just amazing. I have, however, been having issues with bluetooth, but I'm not using it enough for it to be a complete bother. My experience may not reflect others, but this is what I've seen so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....-screenshot_2012-12-27-00-30-23.png  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4him3 View Post
    The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.
    And if it were intentional it would be released to some devices (you know, like soak testing) and not pushed to others. That fact that most people began the update and it mysteriously disappeared before it could be installed shows something went wrong from from Motorola/Verizon's end and they rushed to fix it.

I think we all know there isn't some big red button that one presses to push out an update. Very clearly still a mistake and definitely not intentional.
    Last edited by clayjohn; 12-27-2012 at 09:04 AM.

It has been a couple days and everything is still smooth as butter on my end. Do not really use wifi much but I do tether at work and after 6 straight hours of tethering before I charge it I still have over 40%! Which in my eyes is as good as it can get. I love the JB update thus far.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by kawana72 View Post
    For those who are saying that the update has totally changed their device for the better, can I ask what was wrong before? What changed to make the phone so great again?

Stolen from
    Android 4.1 extends vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework. Everything runs in lockstep against a 16 millisecond vsync heartbeat application rendering, touch events, screen composition, and display refresh so frames dont get ahead or behind.

Android 4.1 also adds triple buffering in the graphics pipeline, for more consistent rendering that makes everything feel smoother, from scrolling to paging and animations.

Android 4.1 reduces touch latency not only by synchronizing touch to vsync timing, but also by actually anticipating where your finger will be at the time of the screen refresh. This results in a more reactive and uniform touch response. In addition, after periods of inactivity, Android applies a CPU input boost at the next touch event, to make sure theres no latency.

In other words, it makes better use of the dual or multi core tech that Gingerbread and ICS mostly ignored - making it faster and more responsive
    Motorola RAZR XT912
    Jack33 and bradenfontaine like this.

Ditto...
    Regards,

Jim D.

Cool Re: 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Motorola Christmas Party... everyone was buzzed and somebody thought "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"!!!
    Regards,

Jim D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey the kid View Post
    It keeps calling me man, it keeps calling me...
    Listen to it Mickey... listen to it!

For what it's worth, I love it...
    Regards,

Jim D.

Oh yeah, another PLUS for any of you running JB ROMS, I was jumping back and forth between Black Widow and JellyCore ROMS and my Camera Flash didn't work with them. Now that I ventured forth with the Leak JB, it works... for what it's worth!
    Regards,

Jim D.

Thanked by:
    p08757 

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    Thank you! After the initial, very useful post by "aktrazer", it turned into a "Slugfest" of Hate and Discontent. Hope the Mod calms it down!!!
    Regards,

Jim D.

ROM
    Stock

I'm not getting anywhere near those battery stats. I was having issues prior to the JB update...so I'm wondering if I should check my warranty. Any thoughts?

I do not see how we all have the same phone with the same specs and yet people are getting terrible outcomes to JB. Doing a full wipe and following directions will fix it.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Are folks still getting this update? is it still rolling out?

It was showing up to update every 12 hrs, it automatically downloaded so I installed this morning. Took about 15 minutes. Reboot and done . S far no issues. One thing missing is the weather widgets for the screen but will find an alternative. Gallery changed a bit, lost all my custom albums but all pics and videos still there but haven't figured out if How to create new album, also it duplicated pics, not a biggie though

Quote Originally Posted by cbravos View Post
    Are folks still getting this update? is it still rolling out?
    As far as I know they have stopped it. I just installed mine manually. So mine says up to date and if it does release it will still say up to date. If it does get pushed again I am sure you can find another post about it here.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sooo, I hear JB is supposed to have a much faster boot time.. I just timed my bootup (granted, I have about 197 apps on my phone), and it still takes well over 1 minute to boot. I'm not sure how long ICS took, but it also took well over a minute.. Maybe it took 2?

Any tricks to speeding up the boot, other than uninstalling a bunch of stuff ?
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

try uninstalling a bunch of crap

If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
    jimd1050 and durango992007 like this.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Definitely not complaining

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....-uploadfromtaptalk1356685685599.jpg  

I did the update last night. I did rather the extreme though. I did a FDR let it set for about 10 minutes. Then did a clearing of the cache, then did the update. Then let it sit for another 10 minutes and did a FDR again; I haven't cleared the cache yet.

So far no issues with WIFI or 4G.(I haven't tried blue tooth yet). I was able to get into the Play Store and download my apps with no issues. As someone else noted "Sleep" mode has been removed. Smooth operation between menus and haven't noticed any sluggishness. I am now testing the slow 3% battery drain issue in Airplane mode I had within ICS. I should know within the next couple of days if this problem has been resolved.

FB

JB isn't available anymore? Not everyone is able to update. Any word why. Thanks in advance

ROM
    Arctic HD

Read the thread......

Thanked by 2:
    CaliberSRT4 and MRHIGHSPEED like this.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast