4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

can anyone who side loads this let me know if FoxFi will work any longer?? I see some phones it will, some it will not on JB. Its a huge deal breaker for me...

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I am downloading off the link above. Whats the installation process if i ise the download? Im new to the MAXX. Will signal issues be addressed in JB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

shamo316

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Download file and drop on SD card (not internal storage)
Power phone off
Hold Power and both Volume Up and Down until boot screen appears
From boot screen, scroll down to ?Recovery? with Volume Down
Press Volume Up to select it once it has been highlighted
When Android and exclamation show up, press both Volumes at the same time.
Then ?install update from external storage? and find the file.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info....the download failed tho...lol

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Does the file have to be renamed or anything? I only have experiece with doing ruu's.

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
But seriously, my daughter got my maxx and am looking for it for ut and update is not available yet!!!

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Does it erase all your data to sideload the update? I have never done it on an Motorola phone, but I know it erases everything on an HTC to sideload an update.

It does not erase data, so you'll be fine.

First impressions:
- Project Butter is awesome
- Google Now works flawlessly
- I don't see a difference in signal quality, although I've not been around with it much other than in my apartment.
- Some minor UI changes (fonts, pull-down bar opacity, etc.)

As for battery life, I'm going to drain it first so I can get a full charge and then see how long it'll last. But overall, it is a beautiful update and I hope all of you get it soon.

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anymore info on Foxfi working?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just tried using FoxFi to tether to my Nexus 7, and got the message in the attachment. It's the same message you get when you try to access the Verizon Hotspot without having a subscription.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-56-37.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-56-37.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 130

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just tried using FoxFi to tether to my Nexus 7, and got the message in the attachment. It's the same message you get when you try to access the Verizon Hotspot without having a subscription.

Hmmm, I have the full paid version. Although I doubt that would make a huge difference...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I was using FoxFi to tether to my Nexus 7 on ICS and had no issues. Never upgraded to full. If it is a problem with it not being upgraded, then someone else will have to try it out.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was using FoxFi to tether to my Nexus 7 on ICS and had no issues. Never upgraded to full. If it is a problem with it not being upgraded, then someone else will have to try it out.

FoxFi is not compatible with JB. It says so on their website and in the Google Store where you downloaded it.

Chief

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Saw someone on the VZW forum saying it had issues? Anyone here seen that/issues...quote below is from vzw site.

bucrane bucrane replied replied 2 hours ago 2 hours ago

I got this update this morning(around 11am PST)and I got this update this morning(around 11am PST)and installed since it was asking me to do it. It was a installed since it was asking me to do it. It was a CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHTMARE!!!!!! CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

looked fine but my phone was in "safe mode" for a looked fine but my phone was in "safe mode" for a while so I had to reboot my phone to exit from the safe while so I had to reboot my phone to exit from the safe mode a couple of times. It also disabled the language mode a couple of times. It also disabled the language and input function so the google Korean IME doesn't and input function so the google Korean IME doesn't work anymore. (This means that I can't reply work anymore. (This means that I can't reply Christmas greetings / seasons greetings back to my Christmas greetings / seasons greetings back to my Korean friends in Korean anymore. sigh...) I did Korean friends in Korean anymore. sigh...) I did system restore to set my phone back to factory system restore to set my phone back to factory settings but no luck. If it was not "planned" or "official" settings but no luck. If it was not "planned" or "official" Jelly Bean update, verizon wireless should be Jelly Bean update, verizon wireless should be responsible for this accident and release a fix patch responsible for this accident and release a fix patch as soon as possible as soon as possible

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Download file and drop on SD card (not internal storage)
Power phone off
Hold Power and both Volume Up and Down until boot screen appears
From boot screen, scroll down to ?Recovery? with Volume Down
Press Volume Up to select it once it has been highlighted
When Android and exclamation show up, press both Volumes at the same time.
Then ?install update from external storage? and find the file.

Is it really that simple? Matt's post on droidrzr.com is different than that. Will the above steps allow a rooted install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze