4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
But do it with caution. Remember that this was almost certainly a mistaken release, and there's been no indication that Moto or Verizon are anywhere near a final build. So if it messes up your phone and you have difficulty flashing back to ICS, don't be surprised!

Considering some people were able to download and update from Verizon, they will have to be able to create a way back if this ends up being a problem release. Just because people can self install, those who didn't and updated shouldn't be SOL

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this was a mistake and the build was pulled from the distribution servers.

If you side loaded from a direct DL and are having problems it is yet to be seen if you will be able to accept the final OTA release without rooting and installing the current official build and if so, when that will happen. Verizon is keeping a list of devices that were offered and successfully processed the mistaken release so that can offer support to those devices and, at some point in the future patch them to the final build. Any other devices that took the build will be treated as 'unsupported firmware' devices meaning it will be a crap shoot if they will even speak to you.

Best to just hang tight and wait for this to be sorted out.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm one (NJ) that side-loaded it with the direct download and am experiencing no problems. Excellent connections all the way around; buttery smooth too.

jeppes

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's going to be really interesting to see how Verizon and Motorola handle this whole situation. It's pretty clear that this update was mistakenly released to the public, so how are they going to deal with the hundreds if not thousands who managed to download and install the update before it got pulled, in addition to the many more who are likely sideloading it? I don't see how this could have been a soak test that was mistakenly released to the public either, because usually there's an email sent to soak testers before the update is sent out to those select few, and that email invariably gets leaked to Android news blogs.

Although many people are reporting smooth sailing with the update, it's still a little early, and some people are starting to report problems (I've seen mention of wifi connectivity issues). I wonder if VZW or Moto will provide an official way to flash back to ICS for those who are willing, and if it will only be available for those who updated OTA (rather than sideloaded). On the other hand, since the cat is essentially out of the bag, maybe VZW/Moto will use this as essentially a soak test, monitoring forums like this one. If they don't see too many problems, perhaps they'll make this release official and send it out to everyone earlier than they had originally planned.

Hopefully, we'll start hearing from the big shots tomorrow.

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Did yall see there is no weather app in this jelly bean update i installed the razr m homescreen circle widget app and weather app without out root and it works

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

They replaced the weather app with google now card for weather.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's going to be really interesting to see how Verizon and Motorola handle this whole situation. It's pretty clear that this update was mistakenly released to the public, so how are they going to deal with the hundreds if not thousands who managed to download and install the update before it got pulled, in addition to the many more who are likely sideloading it? I don't see how this could have been a soak test that was mistakenly released to the public either, because usually there's an email sent to soak testers before the update is sent out to those select few, and that email invariably gets leaked to Android news blogs.

Although many people are reporting smooth sailing with the update, it's still a little early, and some people are starting to report problems (I've seen mention of wifi connectivity issues). I wonder if VZW or Moto will provide an official way to flash back to ICS for those who are willing, and if it will only be available for those who updated OTA (rather than sideloaded). On the other hand, since the cat is essentially out of the bag, maybe VZW/Moto will use this as essentially a soak test, monitoring forums like this one. If they don't see too many problems, perhaps they'll make this release official and send it out to everyone earlier than they had originally planned.

Hopefully, we'll start hearing from the big shots tomorrow.

Well lets hope that VZW did this one purpose and that they do monitor all the main forums for people complaining about what is wrong with the update. As far as WIFI goes I do not use it much on my phone as I do on my tablet so I would not know. Since I do not use WIFI it is running smooth for me. Most people had that problem from day one of downloading.

ebarr727

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
NJ. On Christmas eve both my MAXXs showed an available update briefly, then when I clicked OK they went away and never came back. Now when I check for updates they tell me they are both up to date but they are still on 4.0.4. Tried clearing cache on Google Services Framework, but still nothing. Patience...I guess...:(

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Just remember those who side load this, there is no going back to 4.0.4 so make sure you root and then protect your root when sideloading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
NJ. On Christmas eve both my MAXXs showed an available update briefly, then when I clicked OK they went away and never came back. Now when I check for updates they tell me they are both up to date but they are still on 4.0.4. Tried clearing cache on Google Services Framework, but still nothing. Patience...I guess...:(

Yeah man supposedly it was a "mistake" but for me I believe it was a test. They wanted to see how the update reacts to the phones so that they can get the bugs worked out for the official release.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just remember those who side load this, there is no going back to 4.0.4 so make sure you root and then protect your root when sideloading.

TRUST what this man says - I side loaded it last night before Braden's warning! What I see is what I got!!! Tried to run "Titanium Backup" to restore my Apps, etc. - it says "Sorry, you don't have Root privaleges". Tried to Root using "Droid Razr Utlity" - doesn't work on this JB - get "Access Denied" and similar errors when trying to Root. As I said "What I see is what I got!" The good news is, it seems to be working very smoothly... (as he crosses his fingers)

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't know how to access the music player. In ICS we had "My Music" - can't find the app in JB.

Mooch, it's a Google App now... "Play Music" with a set of headphones as an Icon. Brings up my music list and works just like "My Music" did, as far as can see.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Side-loaded the update last night.. At first it ran like crap, but now all is well. I also did a cache partition format after the update. Widgets initially took a long time to load, but once loaded, had no problems.

Honestly, Project Butter has only made a small improvement on the scrolling/overall smoothness. Haven't really played with Google Search/Now yet. To me it's a minor upgrade from ICS.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Add another issue. Bluetooth connectivity gets interrupted when accessing certain apps, but especially Gmail and Facebook.

Chilly818

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said ?error? I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

What to do? 

Feelsbadman.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

I got a notification saying I had an update but nothing happened. Said ?error? I check the updates now and says my phone is up to date but still on ICS.

What to do? 

Feelsbadman.

32482248.jpg