4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Well Verizon gave us a glimpse of hope on Christmas that they do plan to get us Jelly Bean soon, that's at least better than the vague answers we have been given from Motorola in the past

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
if you plan to side load, follow the instructions to the T HERE, it will work. but be warned, we don't know if this is the official update. you must root and stay rooted, just in case this is not the official update, so you can get back on the upgrade path at a later date. if you do not root, and keep your root, then we don't know what may happen when the next update is released.

I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I could've/should/ve rooted this time, but the way I look at it (this time) is it was leaked to probably 1000 phones (or more), and I'm just one more person who has that update on his phone.. If it wasn't the final release, I'm not the only one who has it, so there WILL be a way to upgrade from it. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me it was worth the risk..

gotta have a disclaimer anytime we supply a way to do something. CYA buddy.

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So far the jelly bean update has made my razr maxx into a great device again. Just a few days ago I was ready to jump ship. There is now life in this device again!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

MeridianSun, that was exactly where I was at, this update had made me love this device again...

JE

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The chain it has to go through to release an update is long it is not just a person pushing a button that says release patch.

Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless the guy at the end of the chain said "hey, I wonder what will happen if I push this button that says release patch"

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Exactly! It is like that big red button under the plastic cover that says do not touch and yet it is soo intriguing that you do anyway

Lp09

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
has anyone got the weather widget and notepad widget missing after the update??? I updated my Razr Maxx and those widgets are gone and my Handcent messaging is running a little slow now............. anyone with ideas??

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The guy watching the button was bored so he pushed it...just so people would start a thread about what he did??? :)

It's been reported on multiple sites that the release occurred inadvertently during a glitch in a server upgrade which was shut down as soon as it was discovered...?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
For those who are saying that the update has totally changed their device for the better, can I ask what was wrong before? What changed to make the phone so great again?

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Goin from GB to ICS really slowed my device down, it got sluggish and jerky and would randomly and frequently switch between wifi/3g/4g, in short, it turned into a pig. It is glorious now, I hear the angels singing...

JE

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well seems today that I now have the email problems like when coming from gb to ics. No email will sync thru the stock email app but all my individual apps work. Try to delete accounts and not working says duplicate account. Don't remember how to it worked itself out last time. Don't really want to do a fdr

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
This is my take on the battery life on Jelly Bean. I don't use my phone for much other than what a phone is needed for (calls, texts, e-mails), but I decided to watch Star Trek to add to the Screen time for those that might use their phone for more media use. Here's a basic rundown of what I did:

1) Wifi on most of the time.
2) Auto Brightness has been on
3) 60-70 texts
4) 20-30 e-mails
5) Only 15-20 minutes of calls (this would normally be more, but since it's the holidays, I'm with most of the people I call)
6) 3h 45m of Screen time.
- About 45 minutes of web browsing (constantly checking fantasy basketball stats/news)
- Watched Star Trek

I've loved Jelly Bean since owning a Nexus 7. The JB update for my Razr Maxx has been amazing. I was one of the lucky owners that never had a complaint about ICS and loved it very much, but JB is just much better. For me, the battery life is pretty much the same. What makes this update great is Project Butter and Google Now. Project Butter makes the phone transition much more smoothly and the convenience of having Google Now on my phone is just amazing. I have, however, been having issues with bluetooth, but I'm not using it enough for it to be a complete bother. My experience may not reflect others, but this is what I've seen so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-27-00-30-23.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-27-00-30-23.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 86

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance