4.1.2 JB for my Maxx....

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Issues I have seen thus far:

**random reboots- although I havent had any in a few days, the 24th and 25th I had 3 each day, none since
**I cannot find the stopwatch/timer anywhere
**camera shutter speed seems slower to me

Other than that it has been a fantastic release- I am not having any WIFI issues

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No reboots or any other issues for me, except for the stock text messaging app. Is any one else having a problem where is shows messages as sending until I send another message in the same conversation?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of you having problems can you state if you wiped the cache or did a fdr? I have been on JB for 6 hrs now and it's been flawless so far. I'll have to report back in a few days. I also did an FDR right after install.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I side loaded mine from a fresh .211 install.

So far the messaging thing is the only issue, but I'm not convinced that it's a build issue as its more likely just an app issue. Haven't got around to clearing cache and data for messaging yet.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have read a couple of places where a couple of people said that they might have issues with blue tooth on this build. I use blue tooth a lot and I need it to work properly. Can anyone confirm that bt is working properly or not. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have read a couple of places where a couple of people said that they might have issues with blue tooth on this build. I use blue tooth a lot and I need it to work properly. Can anyone confirm that bt is working properly or not. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
;

No blue tooth issues here

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset. The only thing I have noticed is that if my wifi signal is weak it will go up and down where before it would stay connected. Also it took me about 2 hours to figure out the symbol flashing above my bars is where I'm connected to a network extender. I can't remember how many times I restarted my phone to try and make that go away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 7

I've had the issue of BT dropping out here and there. Nothing prolonged, but enough to miss a word or two in a convo.

And a new issue to add to the fold: the screen dim and brighten is not a smooth transition. Goes through 3 levels of brightness in defined steps.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the screen dim issue on ics. Anyone notice a difference in signal strength?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

NeonKTS

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I confirmed that my wi-fi problem with Jelly Bean was related to running Juice Defender. Once I ditched that, I've had no wi-fi signal issues.

This phone has never run as well as it is now on Jelly Bean.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: December 24 Update?

Since I have upgraded my OS to JB I keep getting this message every morning, I have no clue what it means etc. and was wondering if anyone else has it:

"Unfortunately , The Process Com Motorola.vzw.vmm has stopped" what is that all about ?

doby-nut

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset. The only thing I have noticed is that if my wifi signal is weak it will go up and down where before it would stay connected. Also it took me about 2 hours to figure out the symbol flashing above my bars is where I'm connected to a network extender. I can't remember how many times I restarted my phone to try and make that go away.

Same here- Installed Leaked JB using Safestrap 3.7 and JBXT912 dual boot utility. Over past 2 days checked three ROMs designed on new JB kernel all exhibited weak WIFI connections. Did wipes and FDR on all three installs. Went one room away from my Verizon motorola router and WIFI repeatedly dropped. Previous on ICS rom had a great connection in all areas of home, never recall being disconnected. Also for comparison went to a local Starbucks I routinely visit, WIFI dropped in parking lot area very close to front door repeatedly. Also had more distance on ICS, routinely maintained connection in car much further away. I'm convinced it must be a JB Rom issue and hope its improved prior to another release.

Also never received a WIFI available notification on any of the 3 JB ROMS. Otherwise, all ran buttery smooth.

Last edited:

kamax

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Since I have upgraded my OS to JB I keep getting this message every morning, I have no clue what it means etc. and was wondering if anyone else has it:

"Unfortunately , The Process Com Motorola.vzw.vmm has stopped" what is that all about ?
I had that same message 2 times the day I installed and never since that day. Not sure what it means.

doby-nut

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Believe I read on a forum that message is related to Verizon Backup Assistant, might try freezing that app with TiBU.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend anyone having issues with BT, WiFi, etc to wipe and reflash JB. Everything should work, this has been my experience.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the download became corrupt. Try it again. I downloaded the JB ROM to my device then made a copy on my laptop. I opened the zip file on my laptop just to make sure it was complete.