Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

Quote Originally Posted by Craptorman View Post
    Sorry for the delay everyone. Been sick, busier than I care to be at work and at home. Got a new build for you all to try out. Trying something different for the different carriers. You'll need to edit the build.prop file before you flash the zip. You'll need to comment out the carriers that are not yours and un-comment your carrier. In the example below Alltel is the carrier to be used.
    No need to apologize! Thanks for your work that allows me to have a phone with a software system that's not ridiculously out of date! But a quick question: Does anyone know how to change the recording resolution in the camcorder? I cannot for the life of me find that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by iaminflames View Post
    The switch to at&t is happening to me right now! Should have my moto X next week.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk
    Let us know how it goes if you try to root! I'll be getting a Moto X when my contract is up for renewal in November. So it'll likely be the same build as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikemonkey View Post
    No need to apologize! Thanks for your work that allows me to have a phone with a software system that's not ridiculously out of date! But a quick question: Does anyone know how to change the recording resolution in the camcorder? I cannot for the life of me find that setting.
    Press and hold screen, should get a popup menu, pick setttings, then on next popup menu pick video quality.

Let us know how it goes if you try to root! I'll be getting a Moto X when my contract is up for renewal in November. So it'll likely be the same build as yours.
    Yea I'm planning on rooting but sounds like there's very little dev work for the at&t moto x since they locked the bootloader.

Does anyone here use Koush Voice+? It hasn't been working right with this new version. Also, I can only get my W-Fi to connect with WPS. If I manually input my WEP key it just sits there repeatedly authenticating. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Spikemonkey; 03-14-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Does anyone here use Koush Voice+? It hasn't been working right with this new version. Also, I can only get my W-Fi to connect with WPS. If I manually input my WEP key it just sits there repeatedly authenticating. Any ideas?
    I haven't left my house in two days to try WiFi as i dont own it but try toggling airplain mode..used to work in similar situations.

WiFi working normal here.

WiFi working normal here.
    Same here

Any reason why 4G won't work on Cellcom?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Olsen View Post
    Any reason why 4G won't work on Cellcom?
    See post 473 in this thread. Try editing the build.prop file as stated, save it and reboot. This may get it going for you.

I also have Cellcom and have made those changes - data basically stops working afterwards (no 3g, no 4g - see next sentence). Going into the settings > mobile networks > preferred network type, it's set to 3G. It allows me to change it to LTE, but as soon as you close the settings and come back in it's back to 3G with no connection. Also System Select is defaulting to Home Only, it can be changed to Automatic but again goes back to defaults when settings are closed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbthegreat View Post
    I also have Cellcom and have made those changes - data basically stops working afterwards (no 3g, no 4g - see next sentence). Going into the settings > mobile networks > preferred network type, it's set to 3G. It allows me to change it to LTE, but as soon as you close the settings and come back in it's back to 3G with no connection. Also System Select is defaulting to Home Only, it can be changed to Automatic but again goes back to defaults when settings are closed.
    Download the lastest nightly for spyder (Verizon) and compare build.prop files. Look for anything that has lte in the line. Make yours match the verizon one, leave the following lines alone tho. See if that works.

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310600
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Cellcom

Got another new build for you all to try out. We now have working HDMI output thanks to Lucian Cristian and Stargo, all credit goes to them. You'll need to edit the build.prop file before you flash the zip. You'll need to change the ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric and ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha lines to your carrier. The carriers info is listed below

cm-11-20140321-UNOFFICIAL-spyder_acg_us

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310350
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Nemont

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310330
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Alltel

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311050
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Thumb Cellular

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310470
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=nTelos

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311070
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Element Mobile
    Thanked by:

Download the lastest nightly for spyder (Verizon) and compare build.prop files. Look for anything that has lte in the line. Make yours match the verizon one, leave the following lines alone tho. See if that works.

I can do that. Out of curiosity could I use the build.prop from the stock build of ICS running on another ROM slot as my reference?

Quote Originally Posted by dbthegreat View Post
    I can do that. Out of curiosity could I use the build.prop from the stock build of ICS running on another ROM slot as my reference?
    As long as that build.prop file is from a ROM with working LTE. You can try anything you want, what you do to your phone is up to you.

Thanks man! And it turns out the WiFi problem is just with my network. I've connected to the one at my gym and my niece's without a single issue. Oh well. Thanks again!

Slow around here how's everybody doing?

Really slow around here. Been using the last build craptorman put out for us, running good but my battery life has been spotty. Been waiting for my moto x I ordered 3 weeks ago dunno what's taking so long

Really slow around here. Been using the last build craptorman put out for us, running good but my battery life has been spotty. Been waiting for my moto x I ordered 3 weeks ago dunno what's taking so long

Three weeks? I'd be using that to my advantage on trying to get it cheaper lol. The HDMI part of things uses a tad bit more juice than not having in for some odd reason and my battery life will b good one day thethen the next I have Like 4 wakelocks I can't find any information on.

Yea 3 weeks ago we made the switch to at&t and the rep told us our moto x's would arrive by the end of the week. They never showed up so the following week we called and he said the next day they would arrive. They didn't show again so then he said by the end of that week. Well we are still waiting and he is clueless to why we haven't received them yet. Luckily they are free but I am getting antsy and very irritated lol.

That's odd as heck..can't believe they haven't n e idea. I would be too I'm ready for an upgrade myself but have to wait until november.

Got my moto X a week ago and I gotta say, its an amazing phone. There's no way to root it with the 4.4.2 update but honestly it doesn't really need to be rooted. Its my first device that I don't really miss flashing Roms its just perfect with the newest kitkat update. The touch less controls and active display notifications are what make it really unique. I will still keep my RAZR maxx as a media device and thanks for the work you guys have done to make the best of the RAZR on our small regional carriers

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

BTW AT&t has terrible rural coverage. I get zero reception at my house just 10 minutes outside the city. Not happy about that

BTW AT&t has terrible rural coverage. I get zero reception at my house just 10 minutes outside the city. Not happy about that

That's how it is here. Its gotten better over The last couple years but its still pretty terrible. Have friends never get their calls of don't get text messages til the next day. I couldn't every see myself with them personally. Glad you like the phone tho

Quote Originally Posted by fantasy2c View Post
    That's how it is here. Its gotten better over The last couple years but its still pretty terrible. Have friends never get their calls of don't get text messages til the next day. I couldn't every see myself with them personally. Glad you like the phone tho
    Luckily I bitched and they gave me a signal booster for free and now I get full bars in and around my house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 LastLast