Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I got things all screwed up now. I noticed the backup files pmassey uploaded were done in safestrap 2 so they wouldn't work with my SS3. I went into my custom rom and unistalled SS3 and installed SS2 from there. Now my phone won't boot or anything it just goes straight to a blank screen. Any chance of a fastboot restore or SBF for the Alltel razr maxx?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
There are no sbf files for this phone. Can you access adb in the menu or when you're stuck on the black screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I also decided to try the Droid Razr Utility and run the fastboot restore from there. It flashed a few things and failed on some others. At this point I feel like I've dug myself into a giant hole. Think I may be screwed.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the device insurance? Lol. I don't know what to tell you man.

If there are SBF files for another CDMA carrier without LTE like ntelos, you could try those buy I doubt they will even flash as they aren't signed for your device.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I got things all screwed up now. I noticed the backup files pmassey uploaded were done in safestrap 2 so they wouldn't work with my SS3. I went into my custom rom and unistalled SS3 and installed SS2 from there. Now my phone won't boot or anything it just goes straight to a blank screen. Any chance of a fastboot restore or SBF for the Alltel razr maxx?

Sure were. I completely forgot that. I will upload my SS 3.11 backup tonight and have it ready tomorrow. Sorry about that.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm pretty sure I will have to get a hold of alltel. Crap. We'll see what happens.

I haven't tried it yet but I have seen a lot of posts that says sbf_flash in a Linux environment WILL NOT flash your radio. IF you can get one of those SBF's to flash so you can at least use your phone to SS and restore a Safe ROM then you would be right back to stock. I'm not real familiar with Linux myself but I went through the steps the other day just for fun and it seemed simple enough. I didn't actually perform a flash, but I went as far to where Ubuntu said it was waiting for my phone. I really wish I had a bricked phone to try it on. Somewhere out there is a Live CD you can sbf_flash with. If you could download a Verizon SBF and flash it without flashing the radio, that would probably work. Not sure Alltel will be able to flash it for you anyway. I chatted with a tech support rep the other day and she said they didn't have any files available. Not to say they aren't out there (they have to be)-but getting access to them will be near impossible. If they can flash it that will be great.

I personally think a Verizon SBF flashed with sbf_flash is you best bet. I will hunt down the links and post them for you.

I didn't have the issue where I couldn't boot. I just wiped the System ROM and my backups wouldn't restore-some md5 error I'm trying to find out info on now in another thread. So I went into my wife's phone on SS 2.11. Turned Safe System on and it goes through the backup process and makes the files which are the ones in my Google drive under MAXX/Safestrap Backup/Internal/safestrap. I then copied over those files to my device safestrap internal card and booted into recovery with a custom ROM I had installed. Short story, I bet it can be done with a Verizon SBF. But do it with sbf_flash so you keep your radio.

I'll try to sit down at work tomorrow and write up a full How To.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
See if you can get ahold of another carrier with the generic CDMA RAZR, or hell, even Moto themselves for the generic CDMA software. Realistically, if you can get something flashed and booted, you can use SS and just never run your "stock" side again.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Disclaimer here: Flashing is ALWAYS risky. You brick, your fault. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.

THIS is the website with the SBF's. I have SBF'ed an Alltel Milestone X2 with an Ntelos SBF and the ONLY problem I had was radio/3G. I wish now I had tried it with a Verizon SBF just so I would know what would happen. Note that I did the X2 with RSDLite. if you use RSDLite you WILL FLASH YOUR RADIO.

HERE is the sbf_flash guide. You will need some computer skills for this. I've been playing with Ubuntu on a Virtual machine I have and it is really super easy once you get going. but a Live CD is very easy too. Plus the tutorial is pretty easy to follow. You would just have to change the name of the file to whatever you name it.

I wish there were someway we could extract the SBF from our phones. That would be the most amazing piece of software. Hope you get it going and that maybe this helps.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
See if you can get ahold of another carrier with the generic CDMA RAZR, or hell, even Moto themselves for the generic CDMA software. Realistically, if you can get something flashed and booted, you can use SS and just never run your "stock" side again.

I killed my stock side a few days ago. Had to flash a custom ROM and then go through some stuff but I did get back to full stock. Like I said-gonna write a tutorial on it tomorrow if I get a chance.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Well went to alltel today and they are sending me a new phone. Guess I lucked out there, they said they couldn't even get into the recovery. The one guy asked if I tried rooting it, I just said no LOL. At least they're sending me a new one whew.

pmassey31545

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well went to alltel today and they are sending me a new phone. Guess I lucked out there, they said they couldn't even get into the recovery. The one guy asked if I tried rooting it, I just said no LOL. At least they're sending me a new one whew.

Don't do it again. But glad you got it.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to be extra careful from now on. I was never afraid to mess up with my Milestone X since there is an alltel sbf online. I learn something new every time I get a new device.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox