Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried making my own patch for the Flick ROM and it seems to be ok but I have text at the bottom of my lockscreen that says "No SIM Card". Any ideas?

Tried making a patch for this one and it also gives me the No SIM Card text on the lock screen. Still seems to work fine though.

edit -- Think I found it but I'm deep into this nTelos patch now so I'm not going to try it out. Towards the bottom of the build prop, you'll see these two lines.

rild.libpath=/system/lib/moto-ril-multimode.so
persist.radio.lte.mm.disable=0

Delete them. The second line will appear again right above (or below, can't remember), leave that one there.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think you mean Chris, don't you? :) I'm still trying to flash my first ROM!! ;)

Okay, you sir -- listen up. Here's something new for you to try.

Download the original ROM here: [Rom](Razr-Cdma) Flick 5.0 Tornado [12/3/12] - DroidRzr.com
Download this patch: Dev-Host - nTelos-flic.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset and wipe system. Flash the ROM ZIP file, then flash the patch. (You can use the recovery to flash multiple ZIPs in one step.) See if that works for you.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Download the original ROM here: [Rom](Razr-Cdma) Flick 5.0 Tornado [12/3/12] - DroidRzr.com
Download this patch: Dev-Host - nTelos-flic.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset and wipe system. Flash the ROM ZIP file, then flash the patch. (You can use the recovery to flash multiple ZIPs in one step.) See if that works for you.
Ok downloading directly to phone now. Will do simultaneous flash and let you know. Thanks

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Tried making a patch for this one and it also gives me the No SIM Card text on the lock screen. Still seems to work fine though.

edit -- Think I found it but I'm deep into this nTelos patch now so I'm not going to try it out. Towards the bottom of the build prop, you'll see these two lines.

rild.libpath=/system/lib/moto-ril-multimode.so
persist.radio.lte.mm.disable=0

Delete them. The second line will appear again right above (or below, can't remember), leave that one there.

Thanks for looking into it. I tried using the stock build.prop and also editing the build.prop and removing those lines. It still says "No SIM card" on the lock screen. Everything else seems to work fine but that message is pretty annoying. I googled around a bit but couldn't find anyone else with a fix.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

It failed. Screen said it couldn't find sdcard-ext. Should I be flashing from the internal SD? Maybe that's the problem. ??? I'm storing the zip files under /sdcard-ext/ROMS and trying to flash from there.

edit - tried to re-flash one file at a time - when flashing the flick zip file, SS said "E:Unable to open zip file, Error flashing zip '/sdcard-ext/ROMS/Flick_5.0_Final.zip'

Last edited:

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
ok, not to worry, I think I got a bad download. File size on my phone does not match what's on the website, so I'm re-downloading the ROM again. stay tuned!!

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we have lift off!!! The Flick/Ntelodroid has cleared the tower! Great job, Chris, you de man!!!!

Thanks for your skills and efforts! You got my first ROM to fire.

Now, what else ya got??? ;)

Seriously, thanks man!!! She's lookin' great.

Bob

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok Chris, here's a little feedback on this ROM:

Out of the box,

- phone works
- stock gmail works
- STOCK MESSAGING WORKS!
- data works (3g only but that's Ntelos' system)
- wifi tethering does not work; I haven't gotten any apps to work with this phone on stock rom WITH THE EXCEPTION of an app called SVTP, which gives you a 2-day trial, after which you have to pay $15 to use wifi tethering. The trial app worked, but I was hoping to get it el-freebo by rooting. I can do USB tethering with Easy Tether, both free and paid versions.

Let me know if you want me to test anything else; these are the main functions. I guess it's notable that the MMS works, b/c from my reading it looks like people have been needing to install Go-SMS, but with this rom and your patch, the stock app works.

Again, thanks for your work! Any nTelos folks out there watching should now check this out.

Later,

Bob

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it's running smooth. I'll get a couple more cranked out for you soon.

For tethering, you should check out Open Garden. Works great for me on stock ICS.

sipthis

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
okay more explanation on what the issue is...
flashed a verizon sbf thinking it would be a normal flash and wound up with AP BOOT FLASH FAILURE
doesn't say error in CG system and theres two more but I dont know exactly which CG they are... But sig check of course fails...
so basically im sitting with a ehh $200 paperweight... trying to get it back working somehow anyway possible...
even tried looking someones back up on here but never could see the files nor get to download the alltel OG files for the maxx
looking for a fix... going to alltel on the matter is out of the question... they are states away :)

Edit: to be exact the following Code Groups are the ones failing...
Invalid CG OTV (CG:system) Invalid SP DATA
Invalid CG HAB (CG:system, status: 0x0056)
Invalid CG OTV (CG:system)

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
okay more explanation on what the issue is...
flashed a verizon sbf thinking it would be a normal flash and wound up with AP BOOT FLASH FAILURE
doesn't say error in CG system and theres two more but I dont know exactly which CG they are... But sig check of course fails...
so basically im sitting with a ehh $200 paperweight... trying to get it back working somehow anyway possible...
even tried looking someones back up on here but never could see the files nor get to download the alltel OG files for the maxx
looking for a fix... going to alltel on the matter is out of the question... they are states away :)

Edit: to be exact the following Code Groups are the ones failing...
Invalid CG OTV (CG:system) Invalid SP DATA
Invalid CG HAB (CG:system, status: 0x0056)
Invalid CG OTV (CG:system)

I did the same thing. I had to send my phone in and they sent me a replacement.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok Chris, here's a little feedback on this ROM:

Out of the box,

- phone works
- stock gmail works
- STOCK MESSAGING WORKS!
- data works (3g only but that's Ntelos' system)
- wifi tethering does not work; I haven't gotten any apps to work with this phone on stock rom WITH THE EXCEPTION of an app called SVTP, which gives you a 2-day trial, after which you have to pay $15 to use wifi tethering. The trial app worked, but I was hoping to get it el-freebo by rooting. I can do USB tethering with Easy Tether, both free and paid versions.

Let me know if you want me to test anything else; these are the main functions. I guess it's notable that the MMS works, b/c from my reading it looks like people have been needing to install Go-SMS, but with this rom and your patch, the stock app works.

Again, thanks for your work! Any nTelos folks out there watching should now check this out.

Later,

Bob

Do you get a no sim card message on your lock screen?

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear it's running smooth. I'll get a couple more cranked out for you soon.

For tethering, you should check out Open Garden. Works great for me on stock ICS.

Tried it this afternoon; laptop would connect to phone via bluetooth, but no internet access. didn't have time to mess with it much though.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Couldn't get Open Garden to work with my Maxx and laptop, but I downloaded this today and it works:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...googlecode.android.wifi.tether&token=k51zj9MT

In addition to the main benefit of it actually working on my phone, it has lots of features that many other apps don't have. Check it out folks!

Hope it helps someone.

Bob

Last edited:

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you hear about alltel being bought by AT&T a few weeks ago? I was told today by our alltel rep that by mid year we will be forced to AT&T