Going back to a factory OS Gingerbread

96spec

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I need some help and guidance on how to get back to the factory OS version Gingerbread. After purchasing the Droid Razr Maxx phone earlier this year in April, I rooted the phone and use the DroidRAZRUtility1.51_ICS_Compatible app to flash a version of the Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US.crc ROM to install ICS on the phone. Now I would like to go back to the original Gingerbread OS installed on the phone and just do future updates through Verizon instead (hopefully the new Jelly Bean OS soon).

Has anyone done this before and could provide some tips or guidelines?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
What I'm getting from this is that he is running a rooted RAZR on GB running an ICS "leaked" ROM. So with that, his phone was never updated to the official ICS via Verizon, and is still just GB. I guess, if Matts utility 1.5x or whatever has the flash back to stick GB then do that. However, before you do any of this, hit up the sticky on how to root the RAZR that is a sticky on here and ask in there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
According to what you posted, you aren't even on ics you are on .181 gingerbread..... Not sure what you're trying to say.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

96spec

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
So you want to go back to Gingerbread with the plans of going to JB in the future when JB can be side loaded now?
Yes that is correct SirGeorgeKillian. I hope to do the JB update through Verizon's updated release.

I'm sorry for the confusion durango992007 and carracerz14. Mistake on my first post, it's been about 8 months since I've flashed my Razr Maxx phone for the very first time to go from Gingerbread to ICS leaked ROM. I mistakenly named the ROM as Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912 since I saw a file stored on my hard drive dated back in April 17, 2012 (not sure if this is a back up file or I downloaded it somewhere). Just checked my phone right now and the system version is 6.14.75.XT912.Verizon.en.US which is an ICS leaked ROM.

Durango, I think I can dig up old threads on how to root the phone again. Basically is it the same process, but I just flash the Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon? Just want to be clear with everything before starting so I don't brick the phone.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well. You can't get back to gb from that. My best advice is to flash the official ota, it is likely way better than what you have now and from there you can flash the jellybean that was just leaked. But you can't go back to ICS after that so you may just want to stay on 211

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

96spec

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback carracerz14. One of the main reason I'm trying to go with the Verizon OTA updates now is because although the leaked ROM is pretty good, there's still lot of bugs or the phone freezes a lot. How do I go about in flashing the official OTA (Gingerbread or ICS version)?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can use matts utility 1.81 option 1 that allows you to go back to stock 211. I think it works with the ics leaks but you may have to look around for an older utility, it's been a while since I've had to trouble shoot software this outdated so forgive me.

Edit: apparently if you are on Leak .75 or .79 you CAN go back to gb, but anything higher and you're stuck.

But regardless I wouldn't go back to gb, follow these instructions to get to ota ics:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692694

And then if you are willing to side load jellybean I can get the instructions for that also.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy