Stock Email on Jelly Bean Problem

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just upgraded to Jelly Bean and noticed a problem with the stock email app. On ICS, in responding to an email, you could choose between "Reply" and "Reply to All" from the same drop down at the top of the email. On JB, when you click the icon to reply, it will either "Reply" or "Reply to All" depending on your settings, but it will not offer a choice.Does anyone else see this and is there a solution?

Thanks

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Press the three dots in the upper right I believe... That is the options menu in JB....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any 3 dots at the top as an options menu. There's an envelope with an arrow which you can choose to Reply of Reply to All. It used to drop down and offer a choice, but not in JB.

bculwell88

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Once you hit the envelope to Reply on the top right, it takes you into the reply email where there is a Reply drop down on the top left where you can select Reply to all or Forward.

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You're right! That makes no sense, essentially creating a 2 step process rather than having that one step when you are replying to the original email. Thanks for finding that, but do you have a sense of the logic behind it?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Probably because 90% of emails are simple replies, and not reply-to-alls or forwards. So 90% of the time, the reply button will be easier to access.