Alarm Clock in JB

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So far, I've had almost no issues with the JB update (save for one time where the phone became completely unresponsive and requires a hard reset this morning). One of the few changes that really has me irritated is with the clock app.

In ICS, the alarm had an option to use "Increasing Volume", but that option has been removed from the app in JB. This is really annoying. I used this because the alarm would typically wake me at a lower volume before it got loud enough to wake my wife, but if I was in an especially deep sleep it would still get loud enough to wake me up.

That being said, what 3rd party alarm clock app is everyone using? I looked on Play yesterday and saw that there are a ton with really good ratings, but thought I'd ask the group to help narrow my search a bit.

Thanks in advance.

TC

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So far, I've had almost no issues with the JB update (save for one time where the phone became completely unresponsive and requires a hard reset this morning). One of the few changes that really has me irritated is with the clock app.

In ICS, the alarm had an option to use "Increasing Volume", but that option has been removed from the app in JB. This is really annoying. I used this because the alarm would typically wake me at a lower volume before it got loud enough to wake my wife, but if I was in an especially deep sleep it would still get loud enough to wake me up.

That being said, what 3rd party alarm clock app is everyone using? I looked on Play yesterday and saw that there are a ton with really good ratings, but thought I'd ask the group to help narrow my search a bit.

Thanks in advance.

TC

I have two on my phone. I started with Alarm Klock, and liked it. It allows you to set up multiple alarms based on day, etc. I had one set for weekdays, Sat and Sun. This way, I could change only one time, if needed, and not worry about affecting the weekdays. It has an option for raise levels. I stopped using this for some reason, a few months ago, but can not remember why. Something stopped working, or something, and have not gone back to see if it was fixed.

What I really liked about it was the stop / snooze buttons. To snooze, all you needed to do was touch the screen. To stop, you used slide bar. It worked above the lock screen as well.

The one I am using now is AlarmDroid. This one works in almost the same function as the first one mentioned. It also allows for multiple alarms. It actually is a little easier to turn on and off the alarms, if needed. Have raise levels,etc.

The one thing that I do not like about this, compared to the first one is that when the alarm is going off, you have to actually unlock your screen to get to the options of snooze or stop. So, with that being said, by the time you go through that process, you have now woken up and really do not need the snooze function, and might as well stop it. However, the thing that is nice is that once in snooze mode, it is in the notification bar, and to stop it, just touch it in notification bar, and it turns it off, so you do not need to wait until it goes off again.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use sleep... The sleep analysis application. I can see more details and set the math question to make it so I don't just hit off and fall back asleep.

It also has a gradual wake up option which works real good for me. Better than the loud alarm right off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried lowering the volume, and that would work as long as I'm not in too deep a sleep.

I ended up spending the $0.99 on Alarm Clock Plus. It has enough options for me (though I don't need the math problems). I like that I can set it to skip an alarm just once rather than turn it off and have to remember to turn it back on. Very useful for holidays, or a single day off from work when I don't need to get up at 5:30 in the morning.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34