Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 & Incredikernel

Default Re: Why wait for an already-obsolete OS? I want 4.2 NOW, not 4.1 !

I get wanting to have the newest of everything, but sometimes that's just not how it works best.

As a rodder, would you prefer a 69 Roadrunner have a vintage Hemi in it, or one of the newer variable displacement Hemis from the Charger? You'd want what was going to work best with your car.

Fact is, nobody with the know-how has completed the monumental task of making 4.2.1 work right with the Razr Maxx. There's still a few bugs in 4.1.1, and 4.0.4 yet. If you have the skills, have at it! I'd love to see it. I am entirely too uneducated to do it myself. I only know enough to root, sideload, and get myself in trouble.
    "If you make me open this . . . . I'm gonna use the whoooooole can."

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Default Re: Why wait for an already-obsolete OS? I want 4.2 NOW, not 4.1 !

Quote Originally Posted by MRHIGHSPEED View Post
    I get wanting to have the newest of everything, but sometimes that's just not how it works best.

As a rodder, would you prefer a 69 Roadrunner have a vintage Hemi in it, or one of the newer variable displacement Hemis from the Charger? You'd want what was going to work best with your car.

Fact is, nobody with the know-how has completed the monumental task of making 4.2.1 work right with the Razr Maxx. There's still a few bugs in 4.1.1, and 4.0.4 yet. If you have the skills, have at it! I'd love to see it. I am entirely too uneducated to do it myself. I only know enough to root, sideload, and get myself in trouble.
    Honestly the only thing your missing is the drive to learn. Compiling from source is something most anyone can learn start off with a cm version that's been built learn how to compile what is essentially a nightly. The only real tricky thing is setup of your build environment and figuring out what your local manifest is. After you build the first time its like a bug eventually you start grabbing other sources, cherry picking, soon you are modifying pngs for your own work, then you starts learning how to change things in the kernel, then eventually you realize just how far you have come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12