Boot loader options after jellybean

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get to cache wipe/factory reset through bootloader. Did they change something?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got into mine. I reinstalled ss3 and wiped delvik cache and wiped cache from within ss3 and the rebooted into factory recovery from there.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I can get to choose recovery but it won't let me get to the secondary screen with the wipe and reset options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you do what I posted earlier and reboot into recovery and then press the volume up/ down buttons together it will take you to the FDR/ clear cache screen. I booted into it last night after I posted just to make sure it worked.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
If you do what I posted earlier and reboot into recovery and then press the volume up/ down buttons together it will take you to the FDR/ clear cache screen. I booted into it last night after I posted just to make sure it worked.

i would recommend to anyone to get safestrap, download the deodexed leak, and use it to play with. in case anything goes wrong, you have the stock leak to fall back on. plus you have the option to backup everything. i really dont understand why people are so against doing this. it is a sure fire way to keep everything backed up and safe.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i would recommend to anyone to get safestrap, download the deodexed leak, and use it to play with. in case anything goes wrong, you have the stock leak to fall back on. plus you have the option to backup everything. i really dont understand why people are so against doing this. it is a sure fire way to keep everything backed up and safe.

Well, some of us (you should remember this Braden from Post 150 of the original Jellybean 4.2 Thread) downloaded it and installed it before your Warning/Solution Post! If I coulda' I woulda' Rooted and Saved Root... instead, I got so excited about the REAL Leak, I am stuck there now... Duh! :cool:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/238046-4-1-2-jb-my-maxx-6.html#post2473360

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, some of us (you should remember this Braden from Post 150 of the original Jellybean 4.2 Thread) downloaded it and installed it before your Warning/Solution Post! If I coulda' I woulda' Rooted and Saved Root... instead, I got so excited about the REAL Leak, I am stuck there now... Duh! :cool:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/238046-4-1-2-jb-my-maxx-6.html#post2473360

i fully understand Jim, i almost flashed it without backing up anything, but as i was taught as a child, "haste is waste". everyone is currently looking for an exploit to get root back for those who lost it or were unable to root before flashing. trust me, as soon as an exploit is found, i will do my best to get everyone the best and most accurate knowledge as fast as possible.

my reference was not to those who cannot root and install safestrap, it is to those who have the ability, and choose not to. i meant no offense.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
i fully understand Jim, i almost flashed it without backing up anything, but as i was taught as a child, "haste is waste". everyone is currently looking for an exploit to get root back for those who lost it or were unable to root before flashing. trust me, as soon as an exploit is found, i will do my best to get everyone the best and most accurate knowledge as fast as possible.

my reference was not to those who cannot root and install safestrap, it is to those who have the ability, and choose not to. i meant no offense.

No Offense taken... as noted by the "Duh", I just saw the opportunity to admit my "Haste"! :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463