Help With Maxx Battery Life

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i've noticed the past week or so that my battery life isn't so hot. right now for example, my battery is 56. off the charger for 14 hours, but screen on time is only 1 hour. i also have smart actions battery saver on, which turns off data and sync when the screen is off (which has basically been all day except for the 1 hour screen was on). the only things i have done today, is 1 phone call (less than 10 minutes). some texts, browsed web less than 10 minutes, and played W.E.L.D.E.R. for a bit. does this seem normal? with the battery being the main selling point of the maxx, i thought it would be better than this

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
How long did you play WELDER for? I still think being at 56% battery is pretty good aafter moderate use. At that rate you have another 12 hours or more of battery life left. How many other Android phones last even 16 hours a day before needing a charge?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My issue is that I was only on the phone for 1 hour out of those 14 hours. So that's basically just stand by time with no background data.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Still didn't answer my question.. how long did you play three game for? Games can eat 25% of your battery if you pay them for even 45 minutes (depending inn the game)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
ive found juice defender saved me a substantial more battery life than smart actions ever did.... try it out if you're wanting more battery life. i can pull more than 24 hours from mine with a few simple settings. combined with Llama my phone is a beast. also you could root and tweak your cpu settings with SetCPU to underclock while the screen is off, giving you 24+ hours.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Still didn't answer my question.. how long did you play three game for? Games can eat 25% of your battery if you pay them for even 45 minutes (depending inn the game)

I played welder for maybe 30 minutes at the very most throughout the day. Not 30 minutes at once

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How's the cell signal where you are? Poor signal can eat up battery as the phone struggles to find the signal.

Do you keep mobile data, wifi, and Bluetooth on all the time? Consider keeping them off, turning them on only when you need them. Try a toggle widget like Power Toggles, which makes it easy.

There could be a rogue app that isn't turning off in the background. Turning the phone off and powering back on usually gets rid of it.

Check for apps that might be refreshing frequently, like Facebook or news apps like Google Currents. I usually change the setting to manual refresh.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How's the cell signal where you are? Poor signal can eat up battery as the phone struggles to find the signal.

Do you keep mobile data, wifi, and Bluetooth on all the time? Consider keeping them off, turning them on only when you need them. Try a toggle widget like Power Toggles, which makes it easy.

There could be a rogue app that isn't turning off in the background. Turning the phone off and powering back on usually gets rid of it.

Check for apps that might be refreshing frequently, like Facebook or news apps like Google Currents. I usually change the setting to manual refresh.

I restarted my phone last night. And right now, my phone has been off charger for 15 hours with screen on for a little over an hour. Basically the same usage as yesterday (even WELDER). My battery is currently 80% rather than 56. I feel much better about this. I guess I just need to reboot every now and then.

I use power Toggles and always keep wifi, gps, and bluetooth off unless I need them. I don't allow apps to frequently update or sync (usually every 4 hours).

Last edited:

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
These phones are just like computers. They need to be restarted every once in awhile. Btw, if you are in a wifi spot, battery life will be much better. However, when you are not in a wifi spot, turn it off as the phone will want to search for that wifi signal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I restarted my phone last night. And right now, my phone has been off charger for 15 hours with screen on for a little over an hour. Basically the same usage as yesterday (even WELDER). My battery is currently 80% rather than 56. I feel much better about this. I guess I just need to reboot every now and then.

I use power Toggles and always keep wifi, gps, and bluetooth off unless I need them. I don't allow apps to frequently update or sync (usually every 4 hours).

That sounds about right. Glad it's behaving better!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995