1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video output for RCA plugs

Can the razr maxx output audio and video from the micro usb port so I can use one of the cables that other video devices use? I would like to connect the phone to my car entertainment system.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Video output for RCA plugs

You can't directly output audio thru a micro-usb, because the micro-usb port is a data port or charging port. The two adapters you listed look brand-specific.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forum

ROM
    Arctic HD

Does your radio not have an aux input?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Buy an hdmi to composite converter. Such as this one. Note that it will require a power source. For audio, just get a headphone to rca cable.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for all of your comments... They are all very helpful.
    @jeffrok I was kind of thinking that way.. Was a hopeful comment. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried this type of cable and had any luck. Thanks for the info..

@carracerz14.. Oh yes it does.. It has AUX RCA jacks.. red, white, and yellow... that is the reason I was looking for the easist way to connect the Razr Maxx..

@dpham00.. Yes I had seen that converter.. I was looking for a smaller unit due to the space limitations. I will also need a HDMI to Micro HDMI reducer to make this work. Thanks for the link and info I will probably go that direction..

ROM
    Arctic HD

So it doesn't have like a 3.5mm input jack?

Most of the times the rca jacks are for connecting to subs and other things

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

nope it sure does not.. Factory installed ford sync....

ROM
    Arctic HD

Ford sync and it doesn't have an input jack? Every car I've been in with sync has had it. What car is it if you don't mind

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

2013 F-150 .. It has RCA inputs for video and sound (marketed for video gaming and such), two usb (that can connect to an apple device and be controlled by he sync, and my razr can be used as a usb device), and I think it is mainly designed to work with BlueTooth more that with wired. I just don't understand why sony did not included an HDMI slot for the video.. Microsoft probably had something to do with that. lol...

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moolekamp View Post
    2013 F-150 .. It has RCA inputs for video and sound (marketed for video gaming and such), two usb (that can connect to an apple device and be controlled by he sync, and my razr can be used as a usb device), and I think it is mainly designed to work with BlueTooth more that with wired. I just don't understand why sony did not included an HDMI slot for the video.. Microsoft probably had something to do with that. lol...
    Nice truck. My mom's boyfriend built it. Lol.

As to why they didn't include a simple input jack is beyond me. You may just have to settle for Bluetooth. Or powered hdmi to av converter

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moolekamp View Post
    Thanks for all of your comments... They are all very helpful.
    @jeffrok I was kind of thinking that way.. Was a hopeful comment. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried this type of cable and had any luck. Thanks for the info..

@carracerz14.. Oh yes it does.. It has AUX RCA jacks.. red, white, and yellow... that is the reason I was looking for the easist way to connect the Razr Maxx..

@dpham00.. Yes I had seen that converter.. I was looking for a smaller unit due to the space limitations. I will also need a HDMI to Micro HDMI reducer to make this work. Thanks for the link and info I will probably go that direction..
    You just need a male to male micro hdmi to standard hdmi to connect the phone to the box.