VZW not liking Lookout?

mcwheeler

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Went into VZW today with a slight problem with my [handset randomly rebooting]. The rep recommended that I uninstall Lookout to fix this problem. I was surprised she did not like Lookout. Have you had a similar experience? Thanks for the replies.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon employees seem to really hate lookout. Improve it myself. Never caused me any problems. They claim it clears up random issues on the devices they have worked on. I heard this from two reps on the same day when I took my original maxx back in a screen glitch.

It works fine for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Never had a reboot problem on my Maxx, and I've used Lookout for almost a year on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had issues in the past without lookout going "runaway process" It was destroying my battery life and performance. Took it off and immediately saw smooth sailing. Ymmv.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting--never had battery issues with Lookout, either. I did try Avast for a little while, and noticed that it drained battery significantly more.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Never had a reboot problem on my Maxx, and I've used Lookout for almost a year on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ditto, can't even tell it's there unless it scans a download.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I would recommend about Lookout is to turn the scheduled scans off. That can slow the system down a bit, and it really isn't that helpful, since all of the apps on the device were presumably scanned by Lookout already when they were first installed.