Can't receive text messages with same content more than once

beyondfrustrated

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I cannot receive the same text message (yes, no, ok, good morning, etc.) more than once from the same person without deleting their entire thread. My husband, daughter, and I all have the Motorola Razr Maxx HD and we all have the same issue. We also had this same issue with our old Motorola Milestone Xs. I also know of several other people with various motorola phones who complain with the same problem. Alltel is my service provider. Alltel is saying all text messages are going through and if we aren't getting them it is a problem with the phone. Motorola says they don't know anything about this issue and I need to check with Alltel. It's a vicious cycle that is getting very frustrating. My son has an LG phone. If I send him the same message twice, he gets it and it just says *duplicate*, but at least he gets the message. I have heard that Motorolas are set up to recognize "duplicate" messages and delete them, but to me this is ludicrous. I feel you should be able to reply "yes" more than once during a conversation! Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Verizon user with a RAZR MAXX (original) and I have no such issues. I sent text messages to 2 non Motorola phones (one a Samsung on Verizon and a Samsung on T-Mobile) and replied with the same thing. Both repeated responses were shown in my conversationImageUploadedByTapatalk1358832505.161347.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358832515.505787.jpg
I have never heard of duplicated texts being deleted or having a whole thread deleted because of it.