Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rild consuming battery

The battery on my Razr MAXX went from 100% to 55% in about two hours this AM, which is quite unusual. I checked my battery app to see what was consuming it, and something called "rild" showed up breifly before the icon changed to the phone app. Clicking on the phone app showed there was about 54 minutes of CPU time used even though I hadn't used the phone. The phone was hot, even though it's been just sitting on my desk at work doing nothing.

I did a Google search and found some complaints similar to mine over the past year, but it doesn't seem like there's been a resolution. I think this glitch happened to me once before - several weeks ago. I am still running stock ICS - no JB yet for me.

I did a Cache Wipe, and that has seemed to fix the problem:

Default Re: rild consuming battery

I have seen this happen to my phone a few times in the past. When I see it, I usually do a reset (power / volume buttons) and it clears it up. A cache wipe would work too, but is a few more steps.