- 72 Posts
rild consuming battery
The battery on my Razr MAXX went from 100% to 55% in about two hours this AM, which is quite unusual. I checked my battery app to see what was consuming it, and something called "rild" showed up breifly before the icon changed to the phone app. Clicking on the phone app showed there was about 54 minutes of CPU time used even though I hadn't used the phone. The phone was hot, even though it's been just sitting on my desk at work doing nothing.
I did a Google search and found some complaints similar to mine over the past year, but it doesn't seem like there's been a resolution. I think this glitch happened to me once before - several weeks ago. I am still running stock ICS - no JB yet for me.
I did a Cache Wipe, and that has seemed to fix the problem:
- 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM #2
- By akarol in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 53Last Post: 06-11-2013, 04:44 AM
- By emoeskaite in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 11Last Post: 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM
- By sprocket2107 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 32Last Post: 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
- By deepakbh in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 0Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
- By StoneRyno in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 12Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:07 PM