Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: 4.1.2 REAL update

If it was official, they wouldn't have pulled it. It's as simple as that. It's not an official release.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It was official. From what I have heard it wasn't ready and was released too early.

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    If it was official, they wouldn't have pulled it. It's as simple as that. It's not an official release.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdejohn View Post
    It was official. From what I have heard it wasn't ready and was released too early.
    When I talked to both Verizon &Motorola neither said an official update had been released.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdejohn View Post
    So if it "wasn't ready, and released too early" then why the hell could it be official? :banghead:

And where did you head that from anyway? Neither Motorola or Verizon have made a statement on it..

So if it "wasn't ready, and released too early" then why the hell could it be official? :
    Are you in the software industry?

Haha! I thought that was funny.

But, Moto and VZW did not intend to release the package to the public distribution system and it was pulled as soon as they understood what was going on. It was 'official' in that it was made available by Verizon but it was 'un-official' in that consumers were never intended to get the software; it has/had many critical bugs that were not intended to be put in end users hands.

If your ESN took the OTA package Verizon will support device failures if the units are under warranty or service contract but if you side loaded it you are on your own for support and to get yourself on the real release when it comes in March.

Quote Originally Posted by pete_lockwood View Post
    Are you in the software industry?

Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post

real release when it comes in March.
    I sure hope that is the case. I have slowly been getting very upset with this phone, mainly because of the lack of updates to the OS. And I am not talking about to ICS, then JB. I am talking about after getting the next version. I really enjoyed this phone when I got it, on GB. Then, the ICS update came out, and I thought, OK. Not too bad, but not worth all of the hoopla. Then, 7 months pass and we do not even get a bug update fix, which there were plenty.

Then, I wake up from a nap on xmas eve, and find that my phone has downloaded JB, so I go ahead and download. I thought it was nice, and it appeared to be OK at first, as it did speed up some of the things I was having problems with on my phone. Well, now it has just returned back to the same ol, same ol, regarding many of the issues. This is the first phone I have had to do a factory reset on, 5 times, trying to see if it would fix the issues, but it has not.

I really like Moto, as I feel they have the best build, and radios out there, but I am almost at the end of my rope regarding this phone, and if I upgrade, it will not be to another Moto phone until they start being built by Google (which means that the phone will not have an sd card, which is something that I personally like). OH, the decisions, decisions. Why is it so hard.....lol

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Google doesn't build phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I was all fired up for jelly bean like everyone else, but then I realized that even if it gets pushed at the end of March I'll only have it for 7 months until it's time to upgrade. Kind of put it in perspective for me; if I get it that's great, but eventually I'll be up there on the current os. X phone anyone?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Because manufacturers, HTC, Samsung, Motorola along with carriers Zerizon, AT&T, T Mobile, refuse to provide timely operating system updates, im going back to iPhone. I've had enough of the BS and promises not kept.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by sgolbitz View Post
    Because manufacturers, HTC, Samsung, Motorola along with carriers Zerizon, AT&T, T Mobile, refuse to provide timely operating system updates, im going back to iPhone. I've had enough of the BS and promises not kept.
    Bro you don't understand that the manufacturers can't just push an update whenever the hell they please, it has to go through the carriers first and that's why it takes so long because verizon is always and when it comes to updates. If you want fast updates go to sprint and get a nexus device.

Also, no where did it say when you got the phone that it guaranteed any updates past ics, so consider yourself lucky you will even get anything. Some phones are still running gb and froyo. Get over yourself

MrHost likes this.

Bro you don't understand that the manufacturers can't just push an update whenever the hell they please, it has to go through the carriers first and that's why it takes so long because verizon is always and when it comes to updates. If you want fast updates go to sprint and get a nexus device.

Also, no where did it say when you got the phone that it guaranteed any updates past ics, so consider yourself lucky you will even get anything. Some phones are still running gb and froyo. Get over yourself

I think he was talking about ICS was part of the original problem/ ie bugs that came with it & no bug fix pushed since.no matter how many factory resets& cache wipes his issues remain.I've had the same problems.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I haven't come across one single glitch in my accidentally released/side loaded ICS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

wasn't official? huh? i would say anything sent OTA to ANY phone from the manufacturer, through the carrier, is official! whether it was ready or not for mass consumption, that was as official as it gets!

Sorry, but this is not a very helpful conversation.
    TitoRoE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Sorry, but this is not a very helpful conversation.
    Sorry, but this isn't a very helpful post.
    PossumPete likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pete_lockwood View Post
    Sorry, but this isn't a very helpful post.
    Apologies, but I wasn't trying to be snarky. I just don't think the endless back and forth about whether or not the accidentally released update was official is very constructive, and was hoping that it would end. I check this thread regularly to learn about any news about an update, so it gets a bit frustrating when I read a kind of "Is not, is too, is not, is too" exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    TitoRoE likes this.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's official in the sense that it was released by Motorola/Verizon on not a custom ROM, but it wasn't SUPPOSED to be officially released that day. It was a slip.

I'm still of the opinion that the next "official release, released at its actual official time" will allow people who either automatically or manually got the "official" JB update in December-ish, to properly update from their "oops" version to the "real" version without problems. As there are people who have never visited a forum like this in their lives, they would not know any better than to question an update that populates their phone "over the air".
    gnr_2 likes this.

I personally can now wait for this update. I side loaded it, and at first i wasn't having any problems. Then they started coming. Phone was sluggish and would reboot itself a couple times. Did a FDR, didn't solve anything. Luckily a couple things on my phone were starting to go out, so i used my 1 year manufacturers warranty. Back on ics i couldn't be happier.
    I should also say, on JB, my battery life took a big hit. Just having it sit and not doing anything, I was losing probably 3-4% an hour. Now, back with ICS, I'm at 2.5 hours, 93% but with 22mins of on screen time. That wasn't happening with JB.

Check here for latest JB rollout schedule:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...dW40c192amw%3D
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    Check here for latest JB rollout schedule:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...dW40c192amw%3D
    Q1 2013 is over in less than 37 days!!! Let's hope they are on schedule.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I'd rather have them get it right than get it fast.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by:
    lokey 
    lokey, B. Diddy and rjr1209 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I expect to see it in 36 and a half days.

Dude, I believe that was his point.

If you have an iPhone, no matter what version, when the OS updates, everyone gets it and all the app developers adjust and release updates to be compatible with the new iOS. People actually get hostile when their apps haven't released updates within 5 minutes of the new iOS coming out. I don't know how android app developers can make apps with all the phones on so many different versions.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Good point, although i don't think the problem is with apps. Probably because there are sooooo many different Android phones/ platforms/carriers & etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast