4.1.2 REAL update

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can verizon tell which phones got the accidental ota and which one's phones manually updated?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

The official update will probably be numbered as a newer version so the accidental update units also get the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The official update will probably be numbered as a newer version so the accidental update units also get the update.

Usually with ota updates you can only update from the latest official version, so if you have a leak you probably won't be able to ota update and you will have to do it manually. Doesn't matter whether you flashed it or if it came accidentally.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

pete_lockwood

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Usually with ota updates you can only update from the latest official version

For crying out loud. Vzw sent the update over the air. It's official whether they're happy about it or not. Do you seriously believe they can just say "well sure we sent it out but we didn't really want to so sorry but there's no update path for you"? This is not the same as someone walking out of the software division with a CD or USB key with a nightly build.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried making that point, but peeps almost got hostile when I said it was an official release.

Good luck convincing them.

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried making that point, but peeps almost got hostile when I said it was an official release.

Good luck convincing them.

I agree. It was released by Verizon. Verizon will send out the newest when its ready and everyone will get it. I side loaded the leak thinking it would be better and for the most part it was. I may or may not get the new one when it comes out. One way or the other, I will get it.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It was official. From what I have heard it wasn't ready and was released too early.

So if it "wasn't ready, and released too early" then why the hell could it be official? :banghead:

And where did you head that from anyway? Neither Motorola or Verizon have made a statement on it..

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Haha! I thought that was funny.

But, Moto and VZW did not intend to release the package to the public distribution system and it was pulled as soon as they understood what was going on. It was 'official' in that it was made available by Verizon but it was 'un-official' in that consumers were never intended to get the software; it has/had many critical bugs that were not intended to be put in end users hands.

If your ESN took the OTA package Verizon will support device failures if the units are under warranty or service contract but if you side loaded it you are on your own for support and to get yourself on the real release when it comes in March.

Are you in the software industry?

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
real release when it comes in March.

I sure hope that is the case. I have slowly been getting very upset with this phone, mainly because of the lack of updates to the OS. And I am not talking about to ICS, then JB. I am talking about after getting the next version. I really enjoyed this phone when I got it, on GB. Then, the ICS update came out, and I thought, OK. Not too bad, but not worth all of the hoopla. Then, 7 months pass and we do not even get a bug update fix, which there were plenty.

Then, I wake up from a nap on xmas eve, and find that my phone has downloaded JB, so I go ahead and download. I thought it was nice, and it appeared to be OK at first, as it did speed up some of the things I was having problems with on my phone. Well, now it has just returned back to the same ol, same ol, regarding many of the issues. This is the first phone I have had to do a factory reset on, 5 times, trying to see if it would fix the issues, but it has not.

I really like Moto, as I feel they have the best build, and radios out there, but I am almost at the end of my rope regarding this phone, and if I upgrade, it will not be to another Moto phone until they start being built by Google (which means that the phone will not have an sd card, which is something that I personally like). OH, the decisions, decisions. Why is it so hard.....lol

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I was all fired up for jelly bean like everyone else, but then I realized that even if it gets pushed at the end of March I'll only have it for 7 months until it's time to upgrade. Kind of put it in perspective for me; if I get it that's great, but eventually I'll be up there on the current os. X phone anyone?

sgolbitz

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Because manufacturers, HTC, Samsung, Motorola along with carriers Zerizon, AT&T, T Mobile, refuse to provide timely operating system updates, im going back to iPhone. I've had enough of the BS and promises not kept.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Because manufacturers, HTC, Samsung, Motorola along with carriers Zerizon, AT&T, T Mobile, refuse to provide timely operating system updates, im going back to iPhone. I've had enough of the BS and promises not kept.

Bro you don't understand that the manufacturers can't just push an update whenever the hell they please, it has to go through the carriers first and that's why it takes so long because verizon is always and when it comes to updates. If you want fast updates go to sprint and get a nexus device.

Also, no where did it say when you got the phone that it guaranteed any updates past ics, so consider yourself lucky you will even get anything. Some phones are still running gb and froyo. Get over yourself

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Bro you don't understand that the manufacturers can't just push an update whenever the hell they please, it has to go through the carriers first and that's why it takes so long because verizon is always and when it comes to updates. If you want fast updates go to sprint and get a nexus device.

Also, no where did it say when you got the phone that it guaranteed any updates past ics, so consider yourself lucky you will even get anything. Some phones are still running gb and froyo. Get over yourself

I think he was talking about ICS was part of the original problem/ ie bugs that came with it & no bug fix pushed since.no matter how many factory resets& cache wipes his issues remain.I've had the same problems.

jeverts

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't come across one single glitch in my accidentally released/side loaded ICS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bamabun

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If it was official, they wouldn't have pulled it. It's as simple as that. It's not an official release.

wasn't official? huh? i would say anything sent OTA to ANY phone from the manufacturer, through the carrier, is official! whether it was ready or not for mass consumption, that was as official as it gets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig