Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default 4.1.2 REAL update

Does anyone know when we are getting the real or final JB update? I'm running the one that wasn't suppose to come to the phone and I'm noticing so.e slow down and issues with trying to end a call.
    Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: 4.1.2 REAL update

No official word, nothing in the pipeline, not even a peep about a soak test. Moto still says on its website that the Maxx is scheduled to get the JB update at some point. I'm guessing it's too late to promise Q1, so probably end of Q2?
    Last edited by B. Diddy; 02-03-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    Deluxe Member

I have the leaked update also and have similar issues. I would bet the late Q1 timetable is a good guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Haven't heard anything. My phone was pushed the OTA update, but stopped half way. I'm having same issues as you mentioned and then some. still on ics.Frustrated!!!

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't know if it's too late to say Q1.. There's still a lot of time left in Q1.

I'd love to be optimistic, but we all know how things have gone with updates for our phone. Q1 ends 3/31, which means there's 8 weeks left. There would have to be a soak test first, which lasts about a week or two. And there are usually rumblings about an official update coming, like an increasing number of ROM leaks. Sure, there was the accidental JB release on Xmas Eve, but not a peep since then.

I hope you're right--I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!
    TitoRoE likes this.

Would be lovely. Its not like the razr and razr maxx are slow and outdated. Phone still runs well even with all these new devices coming out. And none of the apps on play store hinder the performance of my razr maxx.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    I don't know if it's too late to say Q1.. There's still a lot of time left in Q1.
    Yeah, I will agree there is no time left in Q1 when the clock strikes 12. Moto has a thing for taking deadlines to the extreme. ICS update anyone?

I would beg to differ, we finally got ICS the same time JB was being released which FCkd my phone up (still waiting on fix), then late summer moto released RAZR HD/ maxx HD /razr M. Xmas eve JB update pushed to my phone half way the stopped, leaving phone worse than before. As of today still waiting on JB and don't tell me to install the leak, when I bought phone was not told I would have to manually install any updates. So to me this phone is OUTDATED!

Confirmed: Jelly Bean Coming To Droid RAZR & Droid RAZR MAXX In Q1 2013 via @cultofandroid

So glad I updated.

koolaid wineo rockin a razr maxx 4.1.2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.1.2 REAL update-uploadfromtaptalk1360180475950.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    No official word, nothing in the pipeline, not even a peep about a soak test. Moto still says on its website that the Maxx is scheduled to get the JB update at some point. I'm guessing it's too late to promise Q1, so probably end of Q2?
    I dont think its too late just yet Remember ICS came on the last day of the quarter.. Ha!

Yes, I remember that well! I also remember that people thought Moto and VZW ended up rushing the update out given the fairly high number of bug complaints, so this time I'm more than willing to wait for a bugless update.
    TitoRoE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oyeyemi808 View Post
    ... to me this phone is OUTDATED!
    Newsflash: your phone was outdated the day after it was released. Get a Nexus phone if you want frequent updates - or root and flash whatever makes you happy. Verizon and Motorola make $0.00 providing updates and they don't include "you'll get updates" in your contract so if you get one consider yourself lucky (or unlucky if the update makes the phone worse rather than better).

I already have 4.1.2 on my Maxx and 4.2.1 on my Nexus 7 tablet and I can tell you for free, you're not missing much - in fact, in the case of the Nexus tablet being on the latest release, it seriously sucks because Google introduced some very annoying bugs recently and have dragged their heels about fixing them.
    Thanked by:

Thanks I feel so much better about my phone now.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Smartphones are amazing devices right out of the box.. the notion that they're somehow outdated if they don't have the latest revision of Android is so dumb to me. it's the amazing apps that exist that are more important to your phone than any OS update.
    Thanked by 3:

It's not dumb to me, as I know how my phone has performed since ics update! not to mention 1/2 JB update which made it inoperable for 3 days.

Did you ever do a cache partition wipe or a factory reset after the ICS update? That made things work a lot smoother for a lot of people.
    YourMobileGuru and TitoRoE like this.

I have done at least 4 factory data resets, & multiple cache wipes. I even un installed every app I downloaded. I don't have any apps that come pre loaded disabled. I've taken it Verizon store several times and all they say is do FDR or they can send me a CLN (refurb). I'm afraid I'll end up with a phone worse than the one I have now. When I had DROIDX I went through 4 refurbished phones. I know its like a crap shoot

Can verizon tell which phones got the accidental ota and which one's phones manually updated?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by babygirl0419 View Post
    Can verizon tell which phones got the accidental ota and which one's phones manually updated?

The official update will probably be numbered as a newer version so the accidental update units also get the update.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    The official update will probably be numbered as a newer version so the accidental update units also get the update.

Usually with ota updates you can only update from the latest official version, so if you have a leak you probably won't be able to ota update and you will have to do it manually. Doesn't matter whether you flashed it or if it came accidentally.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Usually with ota updates you can only update from the latest official version
    For crying out loud. Vzw sent the update over the air. It's official whether they're happy about it or not. Do you seriously believe they can just say "well sure we sent it out but we didn't really want to so sorry but there's no update path for you"? This is not the same as someone walking out of the software division with a CD or USB key with a nightly build.

ROM
    Gingerbread

I tried making that point, but peeps almost got hostile when I said it was an official release.

Good luck convincing them.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    I tried making that point, but peeps almost got hostile when I said it was an official release.

Good luck convincing them.

I agree. It was released by Verizon. Verizon will send out the newest when its ready and everyone will get it. I side loaded the leak thinking it would be better and for the most part it was. I may or may not get the new one when it comes out. One way or the other, I will get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast