Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JB update. Sound notifications gone...

The only thing I have experienced that I can tell, that does not work or is a problem.

Is I loose my sound notifications I have attached to the programs I have ( ie gmail, phone ring).
    What I have discovered is I loose them after I plug into my computer to get access to the SD card/memory via USB cable.
    When unplugged I have noticed the sounds are all jacked. Yes all my sounds are on my SD card that I use. But in GB and ICS I never had this problem.
    Once in a while it would not reconnect to them but only for a bit and they found themselves after a while without me having to reconnect them.

I am going to move the sounds to the internal memory and reconnect them without the card installed and then I should be good to go. Maybe.....

Default Re: JB update. Sound notifications gone...

This is because you are mounting your internal storage as USB storage. This prevents Android from seeing the audio files.

--
    InfinityDevil
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityDevil View Post
    This is because you are mounting your internal storage as USB storage. This prevents Android from seeing the audio files.

--
    InfinityDevil
    True. I understand that. but shouldn't it reconnect to them when unplugged?

You are correct, it should but it takes some time for it to re-mount the internal card. I would imagine a couple of minutes maximum.

--
    InfinityDevil

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I have leaked JB and have the same problem. I tried moving the ringtone/notification sound to internal memory, but the problem comes back (not always, sporadically). And yes, I have the internal on USB storage mode and it takes some time for the phone to recognize SD card, but sometimes the phone does not connect to correct ringtone/notification. I thought this was a leaked JB problem that the official JB will hopefully resolve; that, and the return of the speed dial button.
    Samsung A950 > LG Choco > BB Curve > DINC > DINC2 > MAXX > Moto X