Google Play Magazine using alot of battery.

acjet88

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have only had the Maxx HD a couple weeks and so far I love it. It lasts much longer than my old Droid X. but looking at the battery usage it shows that Google Play Magazines is using anywhere from 8-10% of my battery between charges. I dont even use the app at all, so Im not sure why its running in the first place. It seems to use the most battery besides Screen On usage. It uses more battery than pandora, and I play that all day. I noticed that when I tap on it in the battery usage menu then it gives me the option to Force Stop or Report. I have been doing both regularly hoping that google will find a fix that will keep it from running so much. I wish that I could just delete it from the phone, so that its not wasting space or power. Anyone else having this problem? Anyway to keep it from running anymore at all?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be doing that. Have you tried rebooting the phone? That often corrects a misbehaving app.

If you really don't want the app and you don't want to root, you can always disable it. Go to Settings/Apps/All, scroll down to Google Play Magazines and tap it, then tap Disable.

acjet88

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I just rebooted it. I usually go a week without turning the phone off, even while charging. So that could be an issue there. But also tried to disable it and I don't have the option in the area that you mentioned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the original Maxx, not the HD, so my settings menu might be a little different. You probably have to Uninstall Updates first in the Settings before the Disable option appears.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49