Poor Battery Life?

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the razr maxx and ever since I got it I have never gotten amazing or even great battery life. I use my phone just as much as Any normal average user and have even done a fdr to try and help it. I get about 12-15 hours a day on average, which is pretty awful for a phone that is supposed to have one of the largest phone batteries ever. And suggestions?

Tommy Faust

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, froma phone that is broadcasted to have 21 and up hours of talk time, I expected a little more. And I know for a fact that there are people with the razr maxx who have had much better battery than me and I know I am not getting the best battery life from my phone. I would like for my phone to last throughout the day, which it sometimes can't do, yet the Galaxy s3 usually can. Some actual help would be appreciated.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
How does 15 hrs not get you through the day? Turn your wifi off when you aren't connected, and use it whenever you can.

I keep mine on auto brightness and wifinat home and work. Right now I have 48 percent left after 10 hrs and 44 mins with 2 hours of screen on time.

Sorry bout your luck.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of existing threads about this. Things to try include:

1. Wiping the cache partition from the bootloader. This seemed to help a lot of people after the ICS update.
2. Turning on wifi, Bluetooth, or mobile data only when you need it. Try Power Toggles for a handy and versatile toggle bar widget.
3. Turning off background sync (which can also be done easily using Power Toggles).
4. Changing automatic refresh to manual in any app where you really don't need it done automatically (like Facebook, Pulse, Currents).
5. Checking your battery stats to see if there are any apps in particular that are using an inordinate amount of battery.
6. Using static instead of live wallpapers. Certain live wallpapers use more battery than others--you just need to try them out to see.

In regard to the boasts of 21 hour talk time, you have to keep in mind that those are test conditions, where the display is probably not on. Display eats up the most battery, so if you're doing something that requires the display to be on a lot (especially if there's a lot of processor-heavy activity like gaming), your battery will run down faster. I've found that on my Maxx, I can get a little over 6 hours of total screen time on a full charge, which is considerably better than phones with an average battery, where it's more like 3-4 hours.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome