No Google Now on leaked Jelly Bean?

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I take it that the leaked version of Jelly Bean does not have Google Now? Is there a way to install it with the leaked JB? If Google Now is provided in leaked JB, do you know where it is? Thanks.

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I take it that the leaked version of Jelly Bean does not have Google Now? Is there a way to install it with the leaked JB? If Google Now is provided in leaked JB, do you know where it is? Thanks.

Go to your apps and find the Google icon. That's Google Now.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay, pressing the search button and holding it gives me the google search pane. I suppose it's better than the previous google search box, but I thought having Google Now meant that the phone tells you automatically when you are near your favorite restaurant, or spontaneously telling you the weather when you step out of your home, etc. In other words, I thought Google Now meant that I didn't have to tell my phone what I wanted since most of the times it will anticipate my needs. OR so I thought. However, it appears that Google Now is just a fancy search button where you still have to ask what you want; like, "blue sweater" as oppose to "find blue sweater store near my location". Is that about right? or am I missing something.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I GOT IT! I don't know how, but I was playing with google search box/pane and I found a picture that I wanted to save as wall paper when I found it using the "Image" icon at the bottom. I kept pressing the picture to see if I could download it, but I could not. I tried the phone's menu button and kept pressing it again ... then suddenly a new window popped up that asked if I wanted to start Google Now. I pressed Yes, and the plain google search box/pane was filled with navigation direction, weather, and other "cards" that I can download.

Now I know what Google Now is supposed to look like. Not just a plain google search box/pane, but a search box on top with all sorts of personal details, suggestions in the bottom labeled "cards".

If you look at Phil's screen shot on his recent article talking about Doodle now on Google Now you will get the picture. What I had before was just a google search box/pane with nothing below.

edit: I just got a download confirmation regarding updates to my Google Search on my phone. I think that's what did it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie