I have no interest in any other phone. I have my Maxx.. how often can you say that?

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
before the maxx i was reading reviews, watching videos of every new phone that came out. I've had the maxx 14 months now and still i'm not looking at anything. This phone does everything for me and is perfect. The way things are, i think i'll have it well into next year. Even using it a fair bit every day, after 17 hours each day, i still have 50% batt left.. This phone is perfection

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, been maxed for about fourteen months also. Does everything I need, no reason to get something newer. And since I want to maintain my UL data plan I'm hoping my max continues to hang in there for another year or two.

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Was also in vzw store this weekend my mother inlaw upgraded to a windows phone (nokia 822) and so did my wife. and for the first time i didn't have the urge. Also on ul.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Great comments that are good to hear. I am a fed up Galaxy Nexus user that recently purchased a refurbished Maxx on Ebay. My shipping information says the Maxx should be delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to begin playing with my new toy. I looked at the Maxx HD, but used prices are still too high and I don't want to sign a contract for a new phone because I am grandfathered unlimited. The original Maxx should be more than enough to get me by for a while.

I do like my GNex, but two things really bothered me: 1) Battery life is terrible, but the Maxx should fix that, and 2) Although Google regularly updates the Nexus line of devices, Verizon fails to approve and push updates in a timely manner. I do realize the Maxx has it own update delays, but I think the Maxx delays are reasonably acceptable for a non-Nexus device. GNex came with the expectation of timely updates from Google, but the phone is now 4 full updates behind other Nexus devices. I would rather fall behind on my updates using a phone with stronger radios and killer battery life. The Maxx should fit the bill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy your new Maxx! If you're not planning on rooting, I suggest that as soon as you get it, check to make sure it has Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4), then do a factory data reset before you start setting it up as your own. One of the main complaints with the Maxx was subpar battery life after the ICS update, which typically improved after a cache partition wipe or factory data reset. Since this phone will be new to you, the cleanest thing to do would be the factory reset. (If it doesn't have ICS, then do the system update and then factory reset.)

If you plan to root and install various ROMs, then a factory reset is probably still a good idea--you just don't need to see if it"s ICS first.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The hardware is top rate. The OS is pretty good even with its little "quirks". Most of my problems are related with bad apps. I'm not all that sure the HD would bring me anything I need right now. Very happy.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Although Verizon no longer sells the Maxx, Best Buy still sells them at $50. I think this is a great deal, especially considering what you get: a great phone with awesome battery, topped off with solid build and good radio signal.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the MAXX on Alltel and have been told that I will be firmly pushed to upgrade to an AT&T device immediately, the middle of this year sometime. They had better have some damn good incentives for me or I will fight to keep my MAXX as long as possible. Couldn't ask for a better phone. Makes me realize that any other device I lusted after (specifically the Notre line) was all about novelty. This phone is beautiful, durable, and still has some very capable hardware.

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just finished a 200 mile Ragnar relay race. It was so nice to have the battery life of this phone during the 2 day relay. All the iPhone owners on my relay team were plugging in constantly so they could use their phones. This Maxx beat every other phone on the team.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FredBassett

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
nothing better than seeing posts on a lot of other phone forums saying how phone a or b is bad for this or that. I have no complaints at all. Best phone ever

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my Maxx. But I will be getting something else this year. Nothing wrong with this phone, not one complaint, but I like trying new things. I've never tasted the " forbidden fruit" but I will this year. But I will always have my Maxx...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whatcha gonna get? HTC One? Galaxy S4? Or maybe even the uncanny X-Phone, developed by Professor Charles Xavier?

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel mostly that way. My maxx has been good to me, but I do miss not having an HD screen when not using my Nexus 7. EVERYTHING ELSE I like about it though and being grandfathered into unlimited data, I will be buying any new phones outright so a new one isn't I'm the near future. If I could get a RAZR maxx HD cheap in a while I may do that. Best of both worlds. The maxx and an HD screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't know. Nothing right now, it will be hard to find something that can compete with this phone.

You said you were tasting the 'forbidden fruit', I thought that meant you were getting an iPhone. O_O!

I'm a nerd at heart when it comes to mobile technology, so yeah, I'd give it a go if I could but not for 2 years. More like a week, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt