Anyone's battery showing signs of wear

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my maxx since almost day one and calculate i have charged it at least 400 times. It still seems to be holding charge fine as I'm not noticing any deterioration in performance. I almost always drain it to around 10%, just my normal usage. Was wondering if anyone else has started noticing any weaknesses.
I plan on keeping my maxx until it no longer functions since it seems I'll be paying full retail for phones as long as I can keep my UL data plan.
I saw an oem battery online selling for $120! Seems a bit outrageous. Plus, the change out procedure could be an experience I'd prefer to avoid. I'm hoping my battery will last another 365 charges at least.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Maxx since last February, and it's still going strong. I usually charge every 2-3 days.

InfinityDevil

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Do not deplete lithium ion batteries down to 10% as you have been doing if you can help it. They like to be full, 75% or higher, and there is no downside to keeping the device plugged in as much as possible and charging.

This type of battery has no memory and is managed by circuitry that itself uses a little power.

Depleting the device entirely or leaving it discharged or low on power for too long so the circuitry depletes it is bad for the battery. Cells in the battery can fall to the point that they won't charge again.
--
InfinityDevil

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
No issues so far after 1 year of use charging almost every day from ~50% back up. The reality of a battery this large is that even with a fair degree of wear an average user will never notice it; you might find that in place of ending the day at 50% or 40% you end it at 30% but still have more than enough power to go from charge to charge.

For optional life don't allow the battery to run below 20% but of course this can't be helped at times. But, if you have the choice to charge before it hits 20% take it and you might gain a few extra weeks/months of useful life.

If I were to guess based on my experience in the industry I would say that for the average user we won't start to see a lot of 'my battery is going out' reports until the 24 to 30 month mark. Some will go sooner but the vast majority will be fine into their third year of service. Of course, nearly all of the people on this site will have moved on to the next cool thing long before the 30 month mark!!

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. I charge my battery to and from work about a 20 min. ride each way everyday whether it needs it or not.
I rarely let my battery drop below 50%.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. I charge my battery to and from work about a 20 min. ride each way everyday whether it needs it or not.
I rarely let my battery drop below 50%.

I do too, but I can't stop myself from thinking I'm doing harm by doing that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae