Headphone jack stopped working all of a sudden..

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Headphone jack on my razor maxx just completely stopped working today. Any ideas? Can't afford the warranty replacement but need music as it's what gets me through the drive home after overnights... Any ideas or tips/tricks you have will be helpful!

Thanks, Isaac Dibb

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So just to be sure--you've tried rebooting the phone, and also making sure the headphone plug is pushed completely in until you hear the click, right?

If the jack is truly jacked, as it were, then I'd suggest trying Bluetooth headphones. They're getting pretty inexpensive these days.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
There have also been some reports of lint causing a problem. Some have suggested using a damp toothpick as a tool to clean the headphone jack.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
There have also been some reports of lint causing a problem. Some have suggested using a damp toothpick as a tool to clean the headphone jack.

Will try!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And just to be sure it's the jack... did you try another set of headphones? I'm guessing you are using headphones, but you never stated you were or what you did to troubleshoot your issue.

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me quite often. I just use a can of compressed air and blow in the jack and it starts working. I dont know why but this phone does it more than any other I have used.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
You'd think with all that fancy nano coating, we wouldn't be having do many problems.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Using a damp toothpick worked! Thank you all:) I was scared that I'd have to cash out the hundred bucks for a warranty replacement...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So that no one feels that this is some sort of egregious design flaw, you all might be interested in knowing that even the greatly insane--I mean, insanely great--iPhone is not immune to problems like this. My wife's iPhone 4S has had intermittent issues with poor sound recording when taking videos, which was due to lint or other junk collecting in the pinhole-sized microphone aperture. I had to clear it out with a safety pin.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Dampness: I just ran it under the faucet in the kitchen and shook it off lightly then stuck it in the jack and moved corner to corner and got a nice size piece of lint out of the bottom:)

SkinnyLumpkin

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the lint info... I was experiencing the same issue, found this thread, and sure enough... pulled a huge piece of thread out from the headphone jack. Works great again! Thanks, all.

ryan bown

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
You know... this happened to me and I twisted the jack around until it "caught" a free piece of metal was able to play and still have to do that but by now i have found about where it is that it needs to play... but I'll try these and maybe i can get what it is out..

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I blew real hard and the pocket lint flew out. The q tip option kept pushing it down.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Bader1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The headphone jack turns in mine, it stops my music from playing and I have to press play again...very frustrating while running! Tried changing headphones, blew it out with compressed air...will try the toothpick thing.

rohowe

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a shame they charge what they do and their sound output is so flawed. I've been having the same problem. Tried two sets of earpieces. (Was about to return the one I had recently purchased when I decided to try the other and learned neither worked on the phone.) Why doesn't it happen on any other phone?
-Ron

skraggy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Lint was my problem. Fished out a bunch of lint with toothpick and all is golden. Pick up some jack plugs. Search for them on amazon. Couple bucks will get you a whole bag and I never have jack problems anymore as I keep it protected when not in use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12