Thoughts on the JB OTA Install

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You'd be surprised how waiting 48 hours and minor issues somehow resolve themselves. This has happened in numerous soak test.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Goto Google framework services in manage apps, clear cache/data, then force stop. Then do a status update check. Some people reported doing this up to five times. On my maxx and zoom it worked after the first try for me. It resets your last checked date to 19xx.

No reboots or weird things. Rumor says if cluck like a chicken , the chicken spirits will help it update too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it still is officially the soak test. The questionnaire/survey hasn't been sent out yet, so it still is soaking. That's not to say that non-soakers haven't gotten the update--for some reason, some people who aren't part of the soak have been reporting the update actually pushed to their phone OTA. Plus, there are a lot of leaked updates being sideloaded everywhere. So for all intents and purposes, I guess you could say this is the real deal, but technically, it's still the soak, and if by some chance some huge problem arose, Moto could still pull the update again. But that ain't gonna happen.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No, it still is officially the soak test. The questionnaire/survey hasn't been sent out yet, so it still is soaking. That's not to say that non-soakers haven't gotten the update--for some reason, some people who aren't part of the soak have been reporting the update actually pushed to their phone OTA. Plus, there are a lot of leaked updates being sideloaded everywhere. So for all intents and purposes, I guess you could say this is the real deal, but technically, it's still the soak, and if by some chance some huge problem arose, Moto could still pull the update again. But that ain't gonna happen.

I'm one of those people who got it pushed without being part of the soak test. This, coupled with Moto's recent statements seems to indicate that it's just being rolled out. This from their offical blog:

DROID RAZR & DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola receive Android? 4.1 Jelly Bean
MARCH 7, 2013 : BY MOTOROLA
We?re happy to announce today that the Android? 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade is rolling out to DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola owners in phases. Android? 4.1 Jelly Bean offers new features and apps that make your life simpler. With features like Google Now, Voice Search and expanded notifications, all of your key information is at your fingertips. <snip>

So, "officially", it's being rolled out. Officially.

<shrug>

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The leak probably acted as an unofficial soak. Just monitor boards, note issues, and update what needs fixing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
For those who got it, is USB tether still there or is it gone in the Verizon mobile hotspot app? It was gone in the leak all I'm just wondering if it is still gone, or is it still there?
I ask because i like to use my phone as my internet for my computer because, living in a house with chicken wire, wifi is spotty. Luckily my phone gets plenty of reception.
Yes, i know rooting is available with the sqlite hack to get wireless tether, but i like the USB tether option a little better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

specvjeff

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting for the OTA install to reach me.

devejazu.jpg

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
For those who got it, is USB tether still there or is it gone in the Verizon mobile hotspot app? It was gone in the leak all I'm just wondering if it is still gone, or is it still there?
I ask because i like to use my phone as my internet for my computer because, living in a house with chicken wire, wifi is spotty. Luckily my phone gets plenty of reception.
Yes, i know rooting is available with the sqlite hack to get wireless tether, but i like the USB tether option a little better.

Just use pdanet. Either way why not...

njgsregal

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Will lapdock still work with the jellybean release on RAZR Maxx. I have 2 and use them quite often.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
;-)

MAXXTX

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Although it works great and have had no problems. I wish we had the circle widget since the weather widget is gone.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Goto Google framework services in manage apps, clear cache/data, then force stop. Then do a status update check. Some people reported doing this up to five times. On my maxx and zoom it worked after the first try for me. It resets your last checked date to 19xx.

No reboots or weird things. Rumor says if cluck like a chicken , the chicken spirits will help it update too.

Should I be concerned that I don't see Google framework services when I go to apps in the settings menu? I can find it easily on my nexus 7 so what gives?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it were disabled it would be near the bottom of the list. Did you check there too make sure.

kawana72

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not seeing it anywhere. I also thought there was supposed to be an all section. I don't see that either.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362932244816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362932244816.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 187

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is where it appears on my RAZR. I'm running the updated JB build. The All section should be at the far right.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362936799154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362936799154.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 62

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech