Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By rlanger271
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speed Dial!?

I got JB with the soak.... I can't figure out how to set speed dial. Did they remove that feature & if so, wth? Why?

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

Default Re: Speed Dial!?

Yeah, looks like Speed Dial is toast. I imagine they felt it was redundant, and is an archaic holdover from feature phones. You can always make your speed dial contacts into Favorites, or just place them on the homescreen as direct dials.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    PeninaD likes this.

You can also collect all those direct dials into a folder, and then it's just like speed dial, except now you're not limited to nine numbers, and you don't have to remember who got assigned to what number.
    awriternot likes this.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Yeah. Speed dial is kinda old school anyway. I didn't know people still used it.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

I used the speed dial before the jelly bean update but now I have the direct dial set up and I like it better.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There are also dialer/contact apps in the play store that you can make your default dialer.. There's at least 2 good ones that I know of, because I used to use them when I had a Nexus S 4G.

Is there anyway to make my phone open to favorites like it use to? I have **** dialed too many people since the update.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've never **** dialed with a smart phone before.. Are you shutting the screen off before you put it in your pocket?

ROM
    Gingerbread

Code lock or use pattern lock… see your **** pass that security… heck… use facelock… too many options. Pattern lock is the easiest.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Yes, I shut the screen off and sometimes before I put it in my pocket I am calling someone else. I will pull my phone out of my pocket and it is already dialing someone.

The other day my husband had charged his phone all night. When we got up, his phone had dialed about 20 people and sent out about that many text messages on it's own. Don't know what is going on, but not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    I've never **** dialed with a smart phone before.. Are you shutting the screen off before you put it in your pocket?

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    Code lock or use pattern lock… see your **** pass that security… heck… use facelock… too many options. Pattern lock is the easiest.
    Seems to me, if you use facelock and your **** still is able to dial the phone, you have bigger troubles than we can help you with...

ROM
    Gingerbread

Lock with code… if it still happens, return under warranty..or do it anyway.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums