ICS Browser + to chrome? lost bookmarks

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
So i down loaded the Jelly last night, and of course i didn't think of the ICS broweser + as being specifically for ice cream sandwictch at the time. But i thought google chrome was supposed to be part of the update?

i had to manually update google chrome, and when i open it, i have none of my book marks? when i open the standard browser though, i still have all my book marks there?

any tips on how to get my book marks into chrome?

and i am confused about the sync settings for goole? i'd like to set a few things to auto sync (i do not want face book, instant upload etc etc at all) but i would like Browser sync, Calender, Gmail to be set to auto sync on, but i cant figure out how?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

I'm not too sure about the bookmark imports on Chrome. I use very little bookmarks myself so I never really looked into it.

On the Google sync's, if you go into your Settings there should be a section for " Sync" or " Accounts ". Look for Google, then click on Google it should bring up your gmail account associated with the device. Again click on that email account and that will give you a list of options that you can select to sync or not.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Stock Browser is still there and will have the ICS Browser + bookmarks.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I am using the stock browser with book marks but I'd like to get them into chrome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Open stock browser, goto bookmarks. You should see your google name and the local bookmarks.

Expand the local bookmarks, edit the bookmark you want moved. Select the account dropdown and select your google account.

See pics

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pics didn't attach..trying here

uploadfromtaptalk1363203394391.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363203414590.jpg

There you go. Hope this helps. Long press bookmark to get edit option.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I am using the stock browser with book marks but I'd like to get them into chrome.

To sync your Google bookmarks with Chrome, you need to make sure you're signed into the Chrome app on your phone. Open Chrome, tap the Menu/Settings, and look at the bottom of the screen--if it says "Sign In To Chrome," you haven't signed in yet. Tap that button, select your Gmail account, and it should sync with your Google bookmarks.

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
found it...

as i thought, it was a phone setting that had auto sync off for all accounts... wich is weird because i get all my gmail notifications?

but with that turned on, i opened google chrome (i am signed in), hit the bottom left button to bring up the menu, hit settings, hit the bottom left button again, another menu popped, third option down says 'Import book marks'. even though it says it failed, it appeard to bring them all in.

i will admit though, so far chrome is a bit confusing to figure out.....

oh ya, it also apprently imported all my desktop bookmarks as well... and i have no idea how the hell it was able to do that..... i use I.E. explorer on the desktop, not chrome....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary