Razr Maxx backup to Google --need to do factory reset

Droidfreak143

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My Maxx just updated to JB and I need to do a factory reset to get rid of an old, old gmail account. I want to back up my phone to Google Cloud so I do not loose any apps or docs I have stored in this phone. I have never attempted this before so can anyone give me a few pointers as to the RIGHT way to do this? I don't want to loose any data or apps I have. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
If you do a factory reset, your phone will be reset to make it the same as out of the box. You will have to re-download all your apps but your data can be backed up. Just plug your maxx into your computer and copy all of the content from the internal storage and the SD card onto your computer, do the reset, and move all of the data back onto your phone from the computer.

Droidfreak143

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
That sounds simple enough. I only have one file in my SD card that is important and I was due to update it from my PC anyway! LOL Thanks much. I really want to get rid of that dang only gmail account. Its been a pain and I probably should have done this a long time ago. :-[

Droidfreak143

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Isaac, Worked out well. Took a little figuring out on getting my old apps back in. Only had one that would download back in from mSecure PRO and I sent them a gmail asking how to do that. With all the BS to this I hope never to have to revert to a factory reset again. LOL Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci