Timer?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have to ask. How do you set timers in 4.1.2? It seems to be a function of the stock clock app now but not using it, I don't see a way to use the timer function.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to ask. How do you set timers in 4.1.2? It seems to be a function of the stock clock app now but not using it, I don't see a way to use the timer function.

Find an App!!! I've been using Alarm Clock Xtreme for a while since my stock alarm did not go off one day... or should I say it did go off, but the volume was turned off. So I found that app, which overrides the volume, and ALSO has a timer built in.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Find an App!!! I've been using Alarm Clock Xtreme for a while since my stock alarm did not go off one day... or should I say it did go off, but the volume was turned off. So I found that app, which overrides the volume, and ALSO has a timer built in.

There's no shortage of apps for sure but I'd prefer to use stock apps when practical. FWIW, the digital stock clock widget is not on my Maxx but is on my wife's Nexus 7. For whatever reason, the stock clock app on the Maxx pops up but either cannot be added to the home screen or I'm not smart enough to do it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
There's no shortage of apps for sure but I'd prefer to use stock apps when practical. FWIW, the digital stock clock widget is not on my Maxx but is on my wife's Nexus 7. For whatever reason, the stock clock app on the Maxx pops up but either cannot be added to the home screen or I'm not smart enough to do it.

You asked what we do... I said what I did. Every ROM is unique... some require some apps that others do not. They are not all the same. The Maxx is not the Nexus.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You asked what we do... I said what I did. Every ROM is unique... some require some apps that others do not. They are not all the same. The Maxx is not the Nexus.

True...but they are both running JB. If a the visual countdown timer is not to be had I'll just grab an app as you suggested, I find it odd that we need to do it though. Google Now can do it by voice command but there's no visible countdown, functions more as an alarm.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nexus devices run pure Android. All other manufacturers modify, hence the differences.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I know, however this is a native 4.1.2 JB app. No big deal, like a lot of other people who are learning to navigate through the JB update I'm groping around a bit. Having the Nexus makes the details a bit easier but still a few hurdles for those who use it heavily. Right now, I'm on to trying to figure out how to rename photos.

vndlewis

I have to agree. I liked the alarm and timer that came with the phone. I want it back. I also don't like to download apps that were and should be included in the phone. It was there yesterday and now gone today - because of the update. I use the alarm EVERYDAY and the timer I used several times a week. UGH, I WANT IT BACK!!!!!

Dr Mixer

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Clock App, then you can set the alarm. Looks like the timer is gone though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX via Android Central Forums

Nathan Feir

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy! I used the timer all the time and I don't want some stupid app and has adds popping up all the time. Seems like a really odd thing to take out.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This has been driving me crazy! I used the timer all the time and I don't want some stupid app and has adds popping up all the time. Seems like a really odd thing to take out.

Relax. $2 will buy you happiness and enlightenment. Alarm Clock Extreme has all the bells and whistles. It also has a perfectly fine timer. And the $2 will keep the pesky ads away.

Just my $.02

aikkid

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those that only gets extra apps when necessary. Of all the things to have to loose and need to replace.. my Timer?? My alarm clock has stayed intact but the timer tab in it is GONE! Why would any upgrade take out something as basic as a timer?! So annoying.
It seems like everywhere you turn its $2 here and $3.99 there. The $150 I pay monthly I guess isn't enough. Its not only the money.. it's the principle. I am not asking for some fancy do it all app. I just want the timer that wason this phone when I bought it for $399! Ugh.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Many RAZR owners have posted that they wanted their phones closer to stock Android, without the Blur interface. The 4.1.2 software removed some Moto apps. We now have the stock clock as part of this change.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Shannon Moran

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The Clock all direction was helpful. Thanks! I was looking all around for alarm and there was clock and I missed it. I agree that I would rather use the app that came with the phone for something as simple yet as important as an alarm

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of those that only gets extra apps when necessary. Of all the things to have to loose and need to replace.. my Timer?? My alarm clock has stayed intact but the timer tab in it is GONE! Why would any upgrade take out something as basic as a timer?! So annoying.
It seems like everywhere you turn its $2 here and $3.99 there. The $150 I pay monthly I guess isn't enough. Its not only the money.. it's the principle. I am not asking for some fancy do it all app. I just want the timer that wason this phone when I bought it for $399! Ugh.

Once again there are FREE VERSIONS of very simple timers out there... FREE!!!

Check out Alarm Clock Extreme... they have a FREE version. It will NOT cost you anything unless you are really annoyed at the popup adds when you have it open. But once again it's FREE... the app writers like to make money, so the free ad version does work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza