Why can't I find a calendar app that will sync past 30 days!!

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm speaking of the stock calendar and an app I use called Touch calendar. It will sync birthdays but other items on my gmail calendar will not. I have old items from years back which would sync with my Palm phone, my Blackberry, but for some reason, after these updates, it will only sync 30 days past. Yet I've got years of items on my google calendar (online) which will properly sync with my iPad. It just drives my nuts that my Andriod phone won't sync old items.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Touch does allow a search for past items up to 25 years back. Exchange email let's me download all calendar so I this defiantly a g calendar destruction. Hopefully someone will say this appnlets you do it.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Checkout acalendar and see if that works. I can do one in 2007 but I just added it. You want preexisting.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I did just try that one and it won't sync past 30 days either. I don't know why this is happening and I can't be the only one that likes looking and searching for older appointments?

androidsta

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
no, it's definitely not you. I've been on/off on it for past few months and there is no simple solution. I checked a few solutions out there but they didn't work for me either. I've tried the stock calendar vs the google one and the symptoms are the same, it only syncs the last 30 or so appointments.

I've read that you need to enter a location or include a punctuation mark in the title. I currently edited a few appointments and will give it a month or so to see how they behave. One item I don't have a problem with are any entries that repeat every year. all of those are in.

it just pisses me off when I look for an entry from a few months back and it isn't there. my old htc hd2 running winmo 6.5 could sync all data. I can't imagine they can't make it work on the s3.

if anyone finds a solution PLEASE post it to this thread?
thanks.

newstorm2guy

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
it just pisses me off when I look for an entry from a few months back and it isn't there. my old htc hd2 running winmo 6.5 could sync all data. I can't imagine they can't make it work on the s3.

if anyone finds a solution PLEASE post it to this thread?
thanks.

YES.
My ANDROID phone won't sync past GOOGLE calendar appointments, but its clear as day on my iPad...........

astan#AC

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
For android calendar - I looked at my Google Calendar on my desktop browser for the oldest event and noted the date and description. I went to settings and exported the Calender to my pc. Using notepad, I used edit to find the event "summary" with that title in the .ics file. I changed the event title in the summary by adding a word (any word or character will do.) I saved the modified .ics file and imported the modified .ics back into Google Calender on the desktop. When I resynced the phone, the event dates went all the way back to 2009.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non