Comparing Samsung Galaxy S3 JB to Maxx JB

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my roommate has a Galaxy S3 and received OTA 4.1.2 Wednesday and I got mine same day. The look and functionality of hers is very different. Example in settings... Battery, Media shows, mine does not. There are other differences as well. Do I need to do a soft reset to fix? Similar situation I had going from GB to ICS. Can you provide how to do soft reset?

Thanks,
Carol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my roommate has a Galaxy S3 and received OTA 4.1.2 Wednesday and I got mine same day. The look and functionality of hers is very different. Example in settings... Battery, Media shows, mine does not. There are other differences as well. Do I need to do a soft reset to fix? Similar situation I had going from GB to ICS. Can you provide how to do soft reset?

Thanks,
Carol

Your phone and your roommate's phone are from two different manufacturers. Manufacturer's add their own stuff (apps, user interfaces and etc) . to the Android OS. Samsung, Motorola, HTC, LG all use different interfaces. You're ok.

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes you are in fact ok. My husband also has the S3 and we compared several things yesterday after I downloaded the OTA jelly bean update. My phone does some things that his does not and his phone does some things that mine does not. Just a difference int he interface and manufacturer. I would like to know about the soft reset. I did go ahead and wipe the cache on mine today which is only slightly different than the way I did before. I asked a techy friend of mine if he thought it would be necessary to do a reset of any kind and he said no. Only as a last resort should I find small malfunctions with certain operations that couldn't be corrected initially.

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much! You made my day. I also saved the change light to bookmarks.

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you also Ladybell. It's hard to compare hers with mine, because she barely understands what I'm talking about regarding firmware update. However, I believe your comparison and that's what I'm looking for. Regarding soft reset. I'm pretty sure that's what I did going from GB to ICS. Maybe it was a factory reset. Bottom line is my maxx is running fine. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21