Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Thumbs down droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Hi, is anyone having problems getting widgets with new update? some disappeared, and now cant get widgets on screen. Also, pictures are messed up in gallery, and when typing used to hear tones, now I don't hear anything. Also when in browser used to have an exit option, that is gone too....Any suggestions? I liked the phone better before!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Read the change log for before and after update. That helped me, especially with photos. The link is in this thread. Maybe another member can provide. Thanks. But I've noticed battery life not as good. Tweaking a few things and will do several drains and charge to 100% overnight.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Just recently updated phone and found it not to be the same product that I purchased . I don't know how they could update o/s and make it worse but that's what they did . How could they take widgets off the phone? I lost all my notes pertaining to a legal matter I'm involved in. Months of research and questions facts and figures on 5 sticky notes were deleted without a warning that info would be lost. Motorola doesn't seem to care that they are making things worse for there customers. You bought the phone they got your money . My next phone will be an iPhone . I'm demanding that Motorola purchase the new phone. I chose this phone over the iPhone because of what it had programmed on it , but the recent changes have made the phone less desirable. They screwed there customers and should make some kind of restitution to us. Get away from Motorola and the android o/s and demand your iPhone!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Always back up your data before an OS update, and read the changelog. These are common sense things to do before updates.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    rkortes and beperry1 like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Does anyone know how to reroot your phone after the update?...I lost root somehow after my phone updated and I'm not happy about it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys.

    Sent from 1soldier™©,and his razr maxx HD… =]
  6. #6  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Phone automatically downloaded update and asked to install. Next screen said during update phone will shut off and turn back on. That's it! No warning that update would remove certain things. It really shouldn't be called an update when it really is an upgrade. When you update an o/s on a pc you still have all files and info you put on the PC. This is more like a complete new install of the o/s. They should inform there customers of this. The phone is now a different product than the one I purchased. When you buy a car and it comes with the options you want and a year later you bring it back to the dealership for service to maintain performance you hope you get the car back as you bought it and not with an 8-track were the CD player used to be. I know that sounds dumb but that's what they did. They took the phone you chose over all the other phones and changed it to a phone you might not have chosen. Does it make sense that now with the update when you press the power off another screen pops up and says this will turn off phone . Duh Isn't that why I pressed power off? Its called a smart phone and yet its engineered by stupid people. Also where's the the exit button on the explorer? It seemed to come in handy when you want to start a new search. Now every time I go to explorer the last thing I was searching is still there . Pretty new icons, but who cares, you only see it a second before you press it
    Last edited by motosux; 03-26-2013 at 09:10 PM.
  7. #7  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Search razr blade for root for maxx.

    Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Updated 2 days ago and WOW, wth?!?! I'm getting txt messages from 6250 that say VZWNMN:1 VZWNMN:2 and sometimes it's VZWNMN:3.... now I'm getting phantom vibrations... no notifications of any kind... just vibrating... every 3 minutes or so at times.... other times nothing.... also my gallery of contacts is being randomly arranged a couple times each day.... Phone did seem a bit slower before upgrade but this is definitely not better! Any idea how to stop those txt messages at least?!?!? Hate to have to data reset phone but I'm starting down the path of saving what I need to... this is rediculous....
  9. #9  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    I lost info on sticky notes as well. I read change log before installing update but don’t recall seeing anything on it about it deleting the sticky notes program. Not sure how I would have backed that up either unless I just did a screen shot of each note.

    Quote Originally Posted by mishcap13 View Post
    when typing used to hear tones, now I don't hear anything.
    The tones when you tap is in the sounds menu, check the box on this screen next to touch sounds.

  10. #10  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Always back up your data before an OS update, and read the changelog. These are common sense things to do before updates.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    sounds like it was backed up. this jb mess took away apps that came on the phone containing very important info!!!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Oh and common sense should have been used before removing stock apps or functions from a smartphone for an "update". BTW 1 reason I never post on here is because a lot of the answers and comments are mean and snarky like the above " common sense".

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    AvaMichele likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    I wasn't trying to be mean nor snarky, and I apologize if it appeared that way. The update from ICS to JB was in fact a big upgrade, not a minor incremental change. The fact that it was a new nickname was a clue, but there was also a lot published about the update around the time it was released. There was much made of the fact that Moto and Verizon were jettisoning much of their bloatware.

    It's still a good idea to back up your data before an update. The fact that you couldn't backup data from Sticky Notes would have been a big red flag to me NOT to use it to store sensitive or important information.

    Anyway, sorry for any offense.

    Edit: The changelog posted by Motorola did in fact mention removing Sticky Notes:


    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by B. Diddy; 03-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by oyeyemi808 View Post
    Oh and common sense should have been used before removing stock apps or functions from a smartphone for an "update". BTW 1 reason I never post on here is because a lot of the answers and comments are mean and snarky like the above " common sense".


    Its hard dealing with different peoples skill levels. if you have any computer back ground at all .. yes its truly common sense. if you do not use a computer i understand why you would just go with the flow. Anytime you have important data its needs to be cloud synced or backed up... no if ands or butts

    That being said a better warning should have been given.

    We are just trying to help on here sorry we dont use lots of explanation points and emjois

    Picture and music app.
    as much as i hated moto blurs picture and music app... i miss them google play music is ok but i hate how the pictures are in folders now!!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    I've had zero issues, so...

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  15. #15  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Now I can't even update my superuser binary!!
    HELP!

    Sent from 1soldier™©,and his razr maxx HD… =]
  16. #16  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by ANDROGUY View Post
    Now I can't even update my superuser binary!!
    HELP!

    Sent from 1soldier™©,and his razr maxx HD… =]
    Reroot using razr blade root for razr phones on jb

    Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
  17. #17  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    If you were keeping important data in your phone, didn't back it up and didn't email it to yourself, I agree, go get an iPhone - I heard they're perfect and wouldn't even lose your data if you dropped and broke your phone or drowned it or lost it. Anyone that smart should definitely get an iPhone, it'll be like a match made in heaven.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by oyeyemi808 View Post
    this jb mess
    You were clamoring for this update - or have you forgotten?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Has anyone else had the issue where, after the update, the ringtones and notifications keep changing? I know it sounds like a minor thing, but there have been times in the last week where my phone has been ringing and I didn't know it was MINE. I have different ringtones set for different people, and one specific ringtone set for my notifications - I didn't expect it to keep after the upgrade (and they didn't), so I went back and changed everything back to the way I wanted it - the phone keeps changing the ringtones and notification tone to "Unknown" (not even the default). When I change it back, it'll stay that way sometimes for a day, but it does crazy stuff, like make my default ringtone my default NOTIFICATION sound and vica versa (or make either whatever the heck it wants). PLEASE tell me there's something I can do (this is driving me insane, I'm sick of missing calls and changing everything back to my 'normal') - if I wanted the phone to tell me what my ringtones are going to be, I'd have an iPhone.
    Last edited by Christina Louise; 03-30-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Apparently, I can't spell.
    AvaMichele likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Do you have your ringtones saved on your internal storage or external SD? I find that ringtones saved on external SD can become "forgotten" after a reboot, so I suggest keeping your ringtones on internal storage.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    You don't think that apple pulls the same crap with their devices? You're funny.
  22. #22  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCJ5 View Post
    You don't think that apple pulls the same crap with their devices? You're funny.
    I believed that wasvsarcasm, stating that they do what she not liking.

    Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    This is my first smartphone. I chose the RAZR Max for what was on it. The options. This is no longer the phone I bought. Different programs different options. The iPhone was my second choice. I had many phone calls with Motorola . When I wasn't getting anywhere with the rep I asked to speak with There Boss . I made it up to the head of the corperate applicantsy office . Angela was her name . She said there was no one above her to speak to and gave me a fax number for my attorney because if I want to go further I would have to take Motorola to court. They don't care what they did to their customers. They all ready got our money. They got deeper pockets so no worries about law suits. Maybe a class action suit will open their eyes . They'll lose . FACT they represented the upgrade as an update. FACT they never gave warning that information would be lost. They never gave warning to back up phone before update ( upgrade) These are the things that you see prior to UPDATING a PC . Usually you see a Eula prior to an upgrade. Didn't get that either
  24. #24  
    MrHost's Avatar

    Posts
    395 Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Quote Originally Posted by motosux View Post
    This is my first smartphone. I chose the RAZR Max for what was on it. The options. This is no longer the phone I bought. Different programs different options. The iPhone was my second choice. I had many phone calls with Motorola . When I wasn't getting anywhere with the rep I asked to speak with There Boss . I made it up to the head of the corperate applicantsy office . Angela was her name . She said there was no one above her to speak to and gave me a fax number for my attorney because if I want to go further I would have to take Motorola to court. They don't care what they did to their customers. They all ready got our money. They got deeper pockets so no worries about law suits. Maybe a class action suit will open their eyes . They'll lose . FACT they represented the upgrade as an update. FACT they never gave warning that information would be lost. They never gave warning to back up phone before update ( upgrade) These are the things that you see prior to UPDATING a PC . Usually you see a Eula prior to an upgrade. Didn't get that either
    Eula was included in your box when you purchased the phone. End User License Agreement, there is no change in licensing in the update. You don't get a new license. Window's gives you a new license.

    They mentioned in the update log what was being removed(available to read before saying yes), if you had read it you would have seen it as being removed and best guess you would have declined it. It's easy for me a techy to say, duh backup, when upgrading software but I can see your point as a new smart phone user, sorry this wasn't mentioned more specifically.

    Most issues are caused by incompatible software. Something that no android phone can prepare you for. Too many variables, Apple+1 on this issue because they make this process a little smoother on the developers and I forgot to mention they have like less than ten models to support and nobody but them builds them.

    You have been the unfortunately victim of random upgrade issues. Don't worry, we know windows, Mac, and other OSs never have similar issues in their issues. Talk to any good tech about OS updates and the good ones will tell you in 90 percent of cases it is better to install fresh than do the actual upgrade, backup first of course.

    You had a terrible time getting someone to help you over the phone, I understand your frustration. Best thing to do is to get a good android lover to help fix your phone. I just helped someone update to JB on a galaxy S II just a few hours ago. I fixed the issues we came across because I knew what to look for and he is happy with his phone.

    I have helped literally 100s of android users. Friends, family, and online. Your at a point that you need someone physically there to troubleshoot your issues. An experienced android tech might even be able to back up your internal memory before clearing it in the fdr.

    I doubt this will bring comfort or just get rid of your frustration. There were some wrongs on all sides.

    Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    JFH8 and Rhonda Seidenzahl like this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

    Thanks MrHost! I think you gave a very good answer & probably the most concise response to the op's frustration. In fact, it's the Best explanation about Android os updates/upgrades .

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. S II No Jelly Bean Update problem
    By Dennis Moeller in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 10:28 PM
  3. HTC one x jelly bean update problem
    By slowmomomo in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM
  4. DROID RAZR MAXX Jelly Bean Update
    By Ry in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
  5. DROID RAZR Jelly Bean Update
    By Ry in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

B