Exchange email - forwarding emails with attachments issue

icebubba

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a server error while forwarding exchange emails with almost any size attachment saying it's too large, server will not accept. The forwarded message is then stuck in my outbox. I'm running the stock email client in Jelly Bean 4.1 on my RAZR MAXX but it was doing this in ICS before the upgrade too. It does not appear to be an exchange server policy issue as I can forward exchange emails with any size attachment with the Samsung Infuse 4G (company phone) on GB and my old Droid 2 Global (also on GB) without issue. I spoke to our email admin and he claims there is no attachment size policy and I tend to believe him since it works on my other phones. Could anyone help shed light on this? I've cleared cache, FDR, etc and still have the problem.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The app doesn't have restrictions so it can't be that. What version of exchange they running? Each phone has its own profile which you should have some control over via the webmail if it is 2010.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

icebubba

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'll find out the version of exchange my company runs tomorrow and check out the phone profile item.

icebubba

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My company runs Exchange 5.5 / 2000. The webmail version appears to be 2003. Activesynch is enabled.

Last edited:

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't help much on that one. If they are willing ask them to do a test account and let you send a message from that phone on it and see what happens. If it goes fine, the restriction is defiantly on the phone on the exchange side.

First ask them to remove your non working phones profile from your account. Remove the account on your phone and then set it back up from your phone.

icebubba

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Quick update. Our IT team will be upgrading Exchange server soon. Apparently others had the same problem with newer phones. Thanks again for your ideas as it helped accelerate our team's upgrade schedule.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Awesome news. Hopefully they won't be as tough on the security as the other thread I'm talking in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87